Chapter 4| Realize

I don't own Fairy Tail and the characters. Hiro Mashima does.

Warning: Swearing.

~ Normal P.O.V ~

There, standing at the classroom door is Lucy Heartfilia.

Everyone in the class looked at her with wide eyes. You see, she's not your typical nerd that everyone liked to bully. She's the popular kind of nerd and because she's always cheerful and adorable, everyone likes her.

Now, they are all thinking if Lucy heard everything that the school heartthrobs said. They felt sympathy wash all over them as they see Lucy look down.

"Lucy..." Natsu said, frozen on his very spot. He doesn't know what to feel. He doesn't know what to do. He just... stood there, looking at her.

"Hi Lucy!" Jellal, seeing Lucy, waved as if nothing's going on. Apparently, he just wanted to clear up the tension building up as Lucy continued to stay rooted on her spot so he took action and that being, saying hi and waving.

Finally, Lucy looked up with an unreadable expression on her face. She took a deep breath, feeling her heart ache and her lungs squeeze.

"Hi Jellal," She waved and smiled, "Hi Loke," she grinned at him, catching him by surprise but he greeted back, "Hi Gray." She walked towards them like nothing ever happened.

Now they were all wondering if she heard anything.

She then get face to face with Natsu, her smile dropping to a blank look making Natsu feel his heart ache more.

He doesn't know what's happening but his heart is really aching.

"Lucy..." He repeated.

And much to everyone's surprise, Lucy actually smiled at him. A real one.

"Hi Natsu." She greeted before taking a seat.

Everyone's staring at her, not able to form any kind of sentence. Heck, even Aquarius - their Social Study teacher - can't form a word by her actions but most especially, she felt angry at Natsu.

After some quite moment of staring, Lucy looked up with a curious face while tilting her head to the side making everyone gush at her cuteness.

"What's up? Let's just drop that off and start the class."

With that, everyone knew that she knows everything.

Natsu felt mad. It was either for himself or because of Lucy but he knows that he's mad and he doesn't even know why.

He doesn't know why she's being like this and it infuriated him.

"Why?" He managed to sputter out, catching all their attention but not Lucy, who just sat there. "Why?!" He yelled, "Why aren't you saying something?! Why aren't you reacting like any other human being does?! Just why?! Dammit!" He clenched his fist.

Gray, Jellal and Loke stared at him but for some reason, didn't do anything. They also wanted to find out why but this isn't really their place to intervene.

"And now you wanted to know why?" Lucy's voice is laced by playfulness, "you really want to find out now? In the middle of the class?" She asked but there is no hint of humor in it.

"..."

Natsu couldn't form any sentence. For a moment, he totally forgot that they're in front of the whole class.

When did we get here? He thought, confused.

"Sit back and let Aquarius-sensei teach. You're interrupting the class." She says icily that it sent shivers down everyone's spine.