Chapter 32| Everything

I don't own Fairy Tail or any of its characters. Hiro Mashima does.

Warning: Swearing

~ Normal P.O.V ~ Tenrou Island ~

"You alright?"

Erza asked Natsu as they all started their training. It's been two weeks since Lucy left and two weeks since they trained nonstop. Now, Erza, in the middle of her training with her swords, found Natsu staring at nothingness as he sat on the edge of the cliff of the island.

"Lucy..." He mumbles.

Of course, that's what he was thinking. Erza mentally punched herself for ever asking that. She reequipped her sword before plopping down on the space beside him.

"I was wondering, Natsu." She started making the lad look at him. "What happened? Because to be honest, I really don't know what happened at that time." She said.

It is this time of moments like this that she only lowers her guard. Sure she and Natsu are friends but she never really talk to anyone about her feelings. Natsu though, he was an exception. She observes him just like how she does with everyone else. That way, she'll know who to approach.

It's great to talk to friends after all.

"I don't know either... One minute she's mad and later she'll be crying." He mumbled. "But that's what I liked about her. She's different from anyone else and it interested me." He looks up on the clear day of the sky, the wind blowing and everything seems too perfect.

Only if, it's Lucy beside him and not Erza.

"I was hurt by seeing her with Jellal. I didn't know what I was thinking. I didn't know what I was saying. I don't know why I am even feeling like this." He said, gritting his teeth as he clenched his jaw.

Erza looks at him, "Tell me, what do you feel for her?" She asks.

He shook his head before putting a hand on his chest to where his heart is. "Everything. I feel everything about her. She drives me crazy." He said, blushing. Looking happy talking about his Lucy before his expression drop and is replaced by a solemn look. "But she ended everything. Our friendship. Our connection. Everything." He looked down at the horizon.

He felt like crying. Lucy really made a huge impact on him since the day he realized his mistakes. She changed him so fast in that moment and he thought that he shouldn't make those mistakes again.

He furrowed his eyebrows as a thought came across his mind, "She knows..."

Erza looked at him, "What?"

"I got mad in seeing her with Jellal that day, I thought something bad about her and it was like she was reading my mind."

"What did you think of her that time?"

Natsu fell silent. "..."

"Natsu..." Erza looks at him sternly, "what were you thinking?"

"I thought that she was only doing that to earn our attention... Our pity."

Erza never got up so fast in her life to grab Natsu by the neck and raise him on top of the cliff. His body hanging on her hand helplessly, "Why would you think that?!"

Natsu choked and looked down, "W-w-wait! Wait, Erza! I didn't said it out loud!"

"Still!" She glared at him.

"What are you so worked up about?!" Natsu held her arm, struggling.

Leave it to Erza to have an inhuman strength of a woman. She was already feeling guilty about doing the same thing only to find out that he did it too. She tighten her grip on his neck.