Chapter 30| Queries

I don't own Fairy Tail or any of its characters. Hiro Mashima does.

Warning: Swearing.

~ Lucy's P.O.V ~

"Lucy-san, please go home. We'll call you after the investigation."

"No! I won't. I'm staying here." I said stubbornly and stood my ground.

Pictures snapped. Detectives here and there. Police patrolling here and there. Medical assistants checking my vital signs. Due to this building being abandoned, people don't usually go here or pay any heed to.

I'm kind of glad because I don't want anyone to know about this.

My father was sent to the hospital awhile ago and it's night time already. I pulled my arm away at the guy as he started taking down note on my pulse.

I was supposed to go after my father but Lahar and the others won't let me. About that, I do not know. It is part of my right as a relative of the victim but Lahar insisted that I should stay.

"Lahar, why am I here?" I look around to see everyone busy but me.

He faced me, "Lucy-san, you asked me that for the tenth time already."

"Because I have the right to! I'm going to file a report." I said.

"You can't get involved with that man." He faced the detectives as they tried to solve this stupid shit.

"The man you're talking about is my father!" I glared at him, "I have the right to know why I'm being held back here when I should be there looking out for him!"

"There's nothing you can do, he's gone."

"You're not a doctor to tell me that." I shook my head before standing up making the medical assistant guy sweat drop as he, once again, missed on taking my pulse. "I'm leaving."

"I'll accompany you. Just to make sure you go home."

I sighed in frustration. "Just leave me alone, alright?" I snapped.

He just blinked at my outburst, "We need to talk." He then proceed to walk ahead of me as I clenched my fist in defeat.

This guy is infuriating. He should be thankful that I have enough patience for his good looking self or I might just punch him already but I don't want that to add to my problems right now. I had enough of this day and I don't want myself to get into another trouble just because I hurt a member of the magic council.

We are now away from the crime scene making me sigh in sadness. I wiped a stray tear which managed to escape my eye but it was only followed by another one. And another until I was crying silently to myself again.

Everything is just so messed up now, it's not even right. Is this really my punishment? First, my friends and now my father whom I just met after eternity and he just died in front of my eyes. Ha. No big deal. It's really funny how life knows how to fuck up my life hard.

I wonder if being a demon means having my life messed up. I mean, it really has the best time. My life just got better from hundred percent to zero real quick. Funny. Sarcasm intended.

Tough life indeed.

I bumped to Lahar's back making me glare at his coat. "Way to ruin my moment, Lahar."