Chapter 20| Truth

I don't own Fairy Tail or any of its characters. Hiro Mashima does.

Warning: Swearing

~ Lucy's P.O.V ~

"Remember when Natsu saved me from dying?" I started off with a question and I felt them move slightly. Levy stayed silent, Juvia and Lyon was just curious.

That was expected because they don't know what happened back then. We just met after all.

"Yeah? What about it Luce?" Natsu asks as he sweated, looking nervous.

Maybe he was just nervous of what I am about to say. Heck, I am too if I were in their place. It's not always that I talk to them so seriously.

"Then after I got out of the hospital, I gained my powers." I said.

"I thought you already have it because right before I saved you, the truck flew a little so I was able to get to you... maybe you have done it unconsciously." Natsu said, pointing out some facts that even I don't know or remember.

"Really?" I asked. So I had it in me since I was so young? I sighed.

"Lucy, where are you going on with this?" Jellal asks.

I looked away, "Would you cry if one day I..." I paused, am I ready to tell them? Is this the right time to tell them?

"Lucy, you're scaring me. Heck, you're scaring all of us right now." Lyon said, furrowing his eyebrows as he tried to read what was going on with me.

"I... I'm not... who you think I am." I told them, slowly.

Loke raised his brow my way, "What do you mean by that? You're not Lucy? You're an impostor?!" He stood up and put his other hand on his hand where there are lots of gold rings, "You still have time to run impostor or I'll kill you!"

They gasped and so am I.

"What the fu- no!" I laughed at his audacity to think that way. "What I mean is... I am not... who you think I am." I repeat, more slowly.

"You're not Lucy?" Natsu asks, being dumb as well, "who are you then?"

We all ignored him.

"Hey! Why didn't he receive a bonk in the head like how I always do?!" Loke whined.

Natsu smirked at him, "Because I'm ama- ouch!" He glared at the culprit.

Jellal was the one who bonked his head, "There. Now quit whining," he orders, shutting them up. "What do you mean by that?" Jellal asks me and I have to look away.

Mavis, is this the right thing? Am I doing the right thing? Let's start weighing the pros and cons.

Pros:

They need to learn the truth.

They deserve the truth.

I love them.

Honesty is the best policy.

I don't have to hide it anymore. I'm free.

Cons: