19 || h e a t h e n s

__________________

all my friends are heathens, take it slow. wait for them to ask you who you know
<heathens by twenty one pilots

__________________

The pair found themselves on the couch together the next morning, both too tired to make it to their bed. Draco's eyes fluttered opened, the light blinding him.

Malia was still sleeping, her face buried into his chest. The slow rise and fall of her chest was comforting to him, the feeling for her being so close to him after so many years- he'd probably never get used to it.

He had never really had anyone to call his own and now that he did, the feeling was foreign to him.

Draco turned to look at the door when he heard it click open, Marietta walking in. She smiled to him as she met his gaze. She sat down in the armchair across from him, looking at the two with a smile on her face.

"I trust you are looking after my sister?"

"Always." Draco looked down at his girlfriend who was still sleeping soundly.

"You know, I had always hoped this would happen. You're not a bad guy. And I don't mind you being with my sister as long as you treat her right- better than her last boyfriend did."

Draco instantly felt his jaw clench at his jealousy, even though he know he had absolutely nothing to be jealous about. "What did he do?"

"He used to tell her she was ugly and that she should wear these skimpy outfits to make her look 'the least bit attractive'. He really cut her down. It took Ginny, Hermione and I a while until we could make her forget her insecurities. I know you would never do that. You may have been an annoying prick in Hogwarts, but I know you care for her and all I ask of you, is that you look after her and treat her well. She may push you away and tell you that she doesn't need you- but she does." Marietta smiled as she looked at her sister, who was wrapped around Draco's torso.

"I promise. But I swear if her ex-boyfriend shows up around here, he won't get out of here alive."

Marietta's lips tugged into a smirk as she stood up slowly. "I'll help cover it up."

Marietta walked out of the room, closing the door quietly behind her.

x

Malia didn't wake up for at least another twenty minutes but Draco didn't mind. She lifted her head slowly, gazing up at him drowsily. "How long have you been awake?" Malia asked, sitting up slowly.

"Not that long." Draco said absentmindedly, brushing her hair out of her eyes. "What time is it?" Malia mumbled, yawning. Draco's eyes wandered to the grandfather clock in the corner, squinting to see the time. "Quarter to twelve."

Malia modded, stretching. "Can we apparate to my house and get some of my things today? I've not got many things here and we'll probably be here a long time."

"Yes, but it might be dangerous. Death-Eaters will probably have torn your house apart." Draco sighed, tightening his arm around her waist. "I know but we'll be fine."

"I'm going to take a shower first. Care to join me?" Draco smirked as per usual, Malia rolling her eyes. "No."

"Suit yourself." Draco grinned, standing up. Malia stood up after him, the two walking up the stairs together. "If you're not joining me, then why are you following me?"