Chapter 4: Ana's World

I felt such a heavy darkness on me. All I could hear was a constant beeping noise in my ear. Oh gosh, I just want it gone. Unfortunately for me, the beeping wouldn't cease so resolved to just surrender to it. It was nice after a while, just listening to the steady rhythm of the beep. It was starting to lull me back into relaxed mind state.

"Elizabeth! Wake up! Please wake up! Come back!' I tried to move my head to the sound of the voice but I couldn't get my body to move. The voice kept screaming at me over and over again but the beeping eventually drowned it out. My muscle's were taunt from the unexpected voice I heard but soon I relaxed, lulled by the beeping lullaby. Where was I? I opened my eyes to see myself in the woods. It is so foggy out; it felt like a cloud was on the ground. The trees creaked and the dead leaves crackled in the chilling wind. Regardless of the weird atmosphere the beeping continued to drone on anyway. My senses kicked up when I realized that I had no idea where I was. Maybe I just need to find the exit. I stumbled through the woods; my body was just barely managing to hold me up. I tripped over a root or something and fell flat to the ground. My face smashed into the ground and I push myself up but suddenly stopped short. My hands were nothing put my bones. I quickly scan all my body to see I am nothing but a skeleton. My breathing picked up and I felt like I was going to go hysterical. I gasped loudly when I saw three figures that weren't there seconds ago. It was a boy and two girls who were smiling at me. The boy was wearing black but he was handsome and seemed familiar. Both girls were wearing white dresses and they too were beautiful. I couldn't shake the feeling that they were all very familiar.

"Elizabeth, we are so glad that you are finally here" The boy smiled wickedly. I recognized his voice immediately.

"Ed?" I whispered weakly. He nodded his head and pointed to the girls.

"Ana and Mia" I breathe out. My heart started to pump wildly as if I was in danger.

"You are finally here Elizabeth!" One girl said to me. I know it's Ana by what she looks like. She was wearing a very loose fitting white dress. She has a flower planted near her ear. Her wavy blond hair fell like a curtain to her lower back. She was so skinny. As a matter of fact there wasn't an ounce of fat on her. She looked so beautiful, so seductive and innocent, so tempting. I reached out to touch her and she shrunk back as if I were a hot flame.

"No" She said shaking her head, "You aren't pure yet!"

"What do you mean?" Confusion etched across my face, "I am bones! Look at me!" A mirror suddenly appeared and I peered into it.

"What do you see Elizabeth! What do you see" Ana hissed in my ear. I don't know when she snuck up behind me but I didn't give it any more thought. I looked closely into the mirror and I saw myself. I felt the blood leave my face and I resisted the urge to throw the mirror. I was so fat.

"What do you see?" Mia silently whispered to me.

"I see myself. I am so fat and disgusting. How am I so fat? When I looked at myself a couple of minutes ago I was bones! But now when I look at myself I am fat! How is this possible?"

I heard Ed and Ana chuckle loudly.

"Don't you get it?" Ed smirked, "You will never be pure until the mirror you is just as small as the physical you?!"

"You will always see your mirror self as fat" Mia whispered. The cold hard truth of what they were saying sunk in. No matter how much weight I lost I would always see myself as fat.

"I will kill you!" Laughed Ana, "I will kill you stupid fatty!" Her body then vanished into thin air and I heard a very high pitch beeping, nothing like the cool soothing lullaby moments earlier.