Chapter 11: Out of control

"YOU DON'T UNDERSTAND! STOP PRETENDING LIKE YOU CARE" I screamed at her. I gathered my bottles and stumbled towards the bathroom.

"Why the hell are you drinking! This is what destroyed your father! You want to end up like him?!"

"You already said I was like him. Why should I care if it ruins my life?!!" I dumped the bottles in my trash can and came back over to her. I sat on my bed and glared at her.

"Honey, you're drunk. How about we talk about this when you're sober" She patted my hand only to shriek when I grabbed it.

"I am not drunk. I harrrddddllly drank anything" I squeezed her hand as I continued "Daddy didn't leave because he had a drinking problem, or because he was with other women. Daddy left when he saw you cheating on him with Him"

My mother pulled her hand out of my grasp and rubbed it gently. It had already turned bright red. She looked at me with pity and walked out of the room.

"YOU KNOW I'M RIGHT! DON'T WALK AWAY FROM ME! I SAW YOU WITH UNCLE SYDNEY!" I slammed my hands into the wall and screamed loudly. I saw her. I remember it very well.

*flashback*

I was nine years old at the time. My uncle Sydney was over for a thanksgiving celebration and I was so excited because I wanted to sing him the song I learned in school. My Uncle Syd was my dad's older brother and he was handsome let me tell you. Sure, I was nine years old but I could tell how good-looking he was by how all the ladies stared at him. I remember bouncing down the stairs humming Run Turkey Run. I wanted to go see if mommy was making the cookies for tomorrow and if I could sneak a piece to eat. Daddy was gone to work and Brian hadn't even been born yet. I was carrying with me the treasure box that daddy had bought me and I was going to stash the cookies in there until I got back to my room. I tiptoed into the kitchen and I stopped short when I saw my mom leaning with her back against the counter talking to Uncle Syd. He was whispering as he moved closer to her. He put his hands on either side of her and got so close that he was leaning against her. Then what my mommy did next shocked me. She wrapped her arms around Uncle Syd's neck and kissed him. On the lips! I couldn't believe it! I thought only mommies and daddies did that to each other. Why was she kissing uncle Syd?! I heard him groan as he wrapped his arms around her waist and continue kissing her. He then picked her up and sat her on the counter while they were still kissing. She wrapped her legs around his waist and started to kiss his neck.

I didn't understand what exactly was happening but I left the kitchen quickly. I forgot all about the cookies and cried in my room. I never told anybody what I saw because I was so scared and confused by what was happening. Uncle Syd came for Christmas too. I stayed as far away from him. When he handed me my gift for Christmas I threw it back at him. I ran to my room but no one could understand what was wrong with me. Mommy said I was being a spoiled brat and I shouldn't have done that but I hated her now. I ended up telling Daddy what I saw before Easter and Uncle Syd stopped coming around. Daddy started to drink not heavily just the light every weekend drinking. It got worse after Brian was born and then it clicked.

*end of flashback*

"Brian isn't Dad's baby" I whispered to myself. Oh gosh! It all made sense now. No it doesn't, I'm drunk. I should be thinking anything... But what if it was true?

***************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

BEEP! BEEP! BEEP!

I grabbed my alarm clock and threw it against the wall. My head pounded. I shouldn't have drank all that yesterday. Ugh. I dragged myself to the bathroom and popped some pain killers in my mouth. I got dressed, brushed my teeth, and walked down stairs dreading what my mom was going to say. As I entered the kitchen, I saw her sitting there reading a book. She heard me and looked up.

"Hey Liz, how are you feeling"

"Fine" I walked to the refrigerator and pulled out a bottle of water.

"You're not eating? I could make you something" She got up and walked towards me.

"No I'm fine" I took a step back as she approached me.

"Listen, we need to just get this out in the open. I don't want you drinking anymore. I'm ashamed that you are drinking. You are grounded for a month, no after school activities or going to friend's houses or them coming over here. I'm punishing you because I want to save you from becoming an alcoholic like your father"

"Rather be an alcoholic like my father than a whore like you" I murmured under my breath.

"Excuse me?!" She shrieked. I took a sip of my water and l looked at her with a smirk.

"What? You know what I mean" I took another swing of my water and tried to numb my hunger pangs.

"You are out of control! I can't handle both you and Brian! One of you has to go. You are going to go live with your father"

I laughed lightly at her threat and started to walk away. I stopped where I was at and turned around.

"Brian isn't my full brother is he? That's why dad doesn't want anything to do with him? Because he's Uncle Syd's child right?"

My mom stood there with her mouth open and I huffed loudly.

"I'm going to school" I walked out of the door after that. I was right... And it broke my heart. Maybe I do want to live with my father...