Chapter 13: Take me away

I got on the bus and sat quietly in my seat just staring out the window. I didn't even turn around when Michelle sat next to me in the bus. After the 15-minute bus ride to school I grabbed my stuff and stepped out of the bus, Michelle following quietly beside me. She didn't ask me any questions as we split up to go to our different classes. I entered the lunchroom after my classes and looked around to see where Michelle was at. I saw her sitting at a table with... Christi? I quickened my speed and went to where they were sitting.

"Hey Lizard" Christi smiled at me.

"Why is she here?" I asked Michelle, ignoring Christi.

"She was saying hi and inviting me to a party that she's having at her house"

"You're invited too"

"I don't want her at this table"

"Why do you have to be so rude, you don't control who I can and can't sit with" I stated at Michelle in shock. She had never been so rude to me before.

"I'm still here guys" Christi said waving her hands.

"Shut up Christi"

"Gosh Elizabeth, you're so rude I can't stand you. She may not be your friend but she's still mine" With that she grabbed her books and lunch and left to go sit with another friend of hers.

"I'm sorry Liz, I didn't mean..." I glared at Christi.

"Why can't you just leave me alone. Don't you get it? You hurt me! I'm done! You're a pathetic slut who uses anyone to get what she wants!" It was then that I realized I was shouting and all eyes were on us, the rooming dropping to complete silence. Christi looked at me and wiped a tear that started to run down her face.

"I made a mistake Liz, one mistake and you can't get over your selfish pride to forgive me? Go starve to death, you're doing a fine job of it already." With that she left the lunch room. Everyone was still staring at me so I followed the direction Christi went.

I entered the bathroom and after checking they were empty went into a stall and lifted up the seat.

If only I weren't so fat and hideous people would like me. If I wasn't so selfish... Fat selfish slob.

I knelt in front of the toilet and stuck my finger deep in my mouth ticking my throat until vomit came out. I did this until I was puking out stomach acid. I got up and after flushing the toilet went to the sink and washed out my mouth.

"So fat girls bulimic?" I whipped my head around and faced a girl I knew best from my dreams.

"Kim you can't..."

"Yeah I know tell anyone."

"Thanks"

"Yeah yeah... We are in the same boat trying to lose weight. The world hates us so we should stick together."

"Last time I saw you, you didn't want to talk to me"

"Well you were fat then." I cringed inwardly for how much her comment stung.

"I'm not now?"

"Well not as much. You could still lose a ton more but I can help you with that. I want to kill another 20."

"How much do you weigh?"

"94."

I thought about my 119 and felt even fatter than before. Kimberly was small-boned height about 5'4 at the least. I felt like a huge cow with my 119, 5'5 height.

"How do you do it?"

"Do what? Lose weight? I've seen worlds you've never known about, heard things that should never be uttered. I know because they allow me to know."

"Who allows you to know what?"

"Do you want me to help you or not?" I felt uneasy but the battle for thin won out and I found myself shaking her hand.

"You ready to go to the unknown?" I thought about it before answering. What do I have to lose? My best friends hate me. My mom hates me. My dad and Uncle Syd do too. Pretty sure Brian hates me. Kim was offering to take me away. She was in my vision so it must mean I should go with her. I looked at her more closely. Brown hair, green eyes, skinny as a stick, small rosebud mouth, pale complexion but otherwise harmless. I breathed in deeply and closed my eyes.

"Take me away."

The only thing I had to lose was my weight. Take the fat away. Take the ugly away. Take me away.