Chapter 3

"Are you sure it doesn't look too trashy?" I asked Maddy as I looked at my figure reflecting in the long mirror. The dress I was wearing was tight and strapless and although i didn't have boobs, it was definitely tight enough that it made them somehow grow a bit. As well as the material, which looked soft and made my skin look better then usual. My hair was smooth and half of it was put up.

"You're sexy, Haley, stop it." said Maddy, but when I looked at her in her new dress, all my self confidence was gone.

"Maddy, Calum's gonna go crazy for you! why you always looking so cute?" I asked watching her short red dress. It seemed as if the straps were gonna slip from her shoulders and her smooth red hair fell on her chest.

"Calm down, girl! He's all yours. I want Ashton, but Michael is my goal for the night, remember? I think they're pretty faithful to the bro code." I looked at her when she spoke, and watched the way she put on my eyeliner and eye shadow.

She had rigged me and it looked better then anything I could do myself. And even thought the lip gloss I wore looked terrible on me, she made it look perfect.

"It's time?"

"We have to control updater accounts." Maddy recovered her cell phone from the bathroom counter in her room and checked on twitter by clicking on things every now and then.

"It says that Michael and Calum have just left the mall, we must quickly go to the bar and sit down as soon as possible and if we are fortunate enough they will stop in the bar. And out story is that we are well dressed for my birthday?"

"That's a solid plan." I said, I made sure to have  my phone, fake ID and headed to the bar. I scan my eyes around the room, checking the environment. There wasn't too many people around. There was a group of girls sitting on a couch in the main room - I immediately assumed they were fans.

We sat at the bar and I used my fake ID to get a fruity alcoholic drink, then we waited.

"So you've been talking to Ashton all day?" I ask Maddy. She lifted her eyes from her cell phone. She looked again toward it and then showed me the conversation between her and Ashton. Which, answered my question.

"Yes, we talk most of the time. Although they have to keep writing for another four hours at least, because he hasn't been working. I feel so bad." She said.

"At least we will have some good music to listen to." I hunched my shoulders and smiled at her. "Maybe he's writing a song for you.." Maddy gasped and then hit me with her handbag.

"Don't joke about that!" She squealed, "if that man ever wrote a song dedicated to me, I'll give him a coupon for unlimited strip tease for the rest of his life." We both took a sip of our drinks.

"Maddy, he would want more than one thing, and so would you." But Maddy was no longer focused on me; she was watching the entrance, behind me.

"Haley..." She said, but I had already turned around and I found myself looking straight at Michael and Calum who were walking through the door, things were happening so quickly, I didn't have a chance to think it through.

The group of girls started screaming and a bodyguard jumped into action, withdrawing the girls away from them. Michael started to head toward the bar, but Calum headed straight for the elevators. 

I stood up quickly to try and follow him into the elevator without being too obvious. Luckily, he saw me coming and held the door open for me.

"Thankyou." I said and I walked to the back of the elevator with my drink still in my hand.

Calum leaned on the other wall and didn't say anything; and I didn't build up the courage to talk to him either. I took another sip of my drink to try and ignore the awkwardness.

I suddenly felt the gaze of Calum on me, and I wanted to throw up, because his eyes travelled up and down my body. I pretended not to see him doing it. I was hoping to be more discrete then him as I checked him out in return. He was wearing his black skinny jeans and a top from Santa Cruz.

Calum started talking suddenly. "You know what I hate?" He asked.

"People who drink in elevators?" I said, not knowing what else to say.

"No." He almost smiled. "I hate it when people think I'm Asian."

I almost laughed, but then I remembered I had to pretend I didn't know him or anything about him. "You're not Asian?" I asked.

I'm pretty sure he rolled his eyes, and for a moment considered the idea of hitting me in the face. "I'm not Asian, I'm new-Zealand-kiwi-origins of Scottish and I'm not even from the Asian hemisphere. And I also hate being called Asian." He looked at me and cocked his head.

"Are you Asian?" he asked seriously.

"Yes but that's beside the point." We both laughed at my answer.

"Shit, I missed my floor, I got distracted." he said, but he wasn't angry.

"I'm Haley."

"I'm Calum."

I almost answered with "I know" but had to remind myself that I couldn't know who he was.

"Well this is my floor." I said as the lift door opened, I walked out, and heard the voice of Calum behind me.

"It was a pleasure meeting you Haley. I'd love to see you again." He said in one breathe, keeping the doors open so they don't close on us, mid conversation.

"Well, I'm going back down to the bar with a friend of mine later, if you want to join us?" I said.

"I'd love to." And the doors closed, separating us.

--