Chapter 16

Finally, Friday arrived.

"Hi mom, I'm spending the night at Maddy's, okay?" I asked her, finding her sitting on the couch watching Pretty Little Liars and I tried to hold back a laugh, at how much she wanted to go back to being a kid.

She looked and nodded, smiling at me. "Okay, see you tomorrow! Have fun." she said, her tone a bit off.

"Something wrong?" asked her immediately. I knew her too well; she was sad.

"No, dear, I'm just taken aback by pretty little liars and I wish I could have a relationship like Hanna and Caleb" I froze and went over to sit next to her and I gave her a big hug.

"You'll find someone again, I promise." I gave her a kiss on the cheek and then I got up again. "My ride is here, how about watching something unromantic?" I suggested, walking towards the door. "I love you!" I yelled, before closing the door behind me.
When I entered the car, I said, "we have to stop somewhere so I can change. I told my mom that I was sleeping at a friend's, she wouldn't make comments about my choice of clothes." I said quickly, hoping that she would laugh for what I was wearing.

I looked at her and saw that she was already wearing a pair of white shorts and a tight short top. which made me envy her body.

I was like flat everywhere. "What did you bring to wear?" she asked, making no comments on my clothing.

"Um, just a black dress." I replied. The same black dress which I had worn the night I met Calum.

Katie nodded, accepting my answer.
Calum still hasn't contacted me. I also had the courage to write to him first on twitter and he hadn't even responded. I shouldve known.
For this I was ready to get drunk and maybe lose my virginity to someone else. And smoke weed for the first time.

"I am so ready for tonight, oh my God."
I said, without being able to contain my excitement. Katie and I talked about it a lot, so I wasn't as nervous as the first time I was out with her; actually we were becoming really good friends.

After our stop at Katie's House, so that I could prepare myself (I had found out that she was quite rich and lived in a large mansion), we got to the party.

Apparently this one was supposed to have been organized by Cameron Dallas. I wasn't living under a rock, so I knew who he was and how famous he was, but I didn't think he was as hot as everyone said. And then there was Nash Grier, he was hot.

"How did this party happen?" I asked.

"I met Nash at the feast of Janoskians and we stayed together a few times. So I'm on good terms with him and his friends." Katie replied while driving into more of an apartment complex. "They live with their bodyguard and it's not often that he is out of town, but today he is and that is why they are having this party."

I Nodded, while we were up in the elevator and I felt a sense of dejavu. I wanted to take a slap at the fact that probably I would no longer be able to get into an elevator without thinking about Cal. That asshole.

When we finally got to the floor, we came out of the elevator just to be run into by somebody else. Shawn Mendes.

"Sorry." He said, hoping that I wasn't irritated with him. He was much more beautiful in person.

"It's not a problem." I smiled.

"I'm Shawn." He held out his hand for me to hold.

I took it and said "I'm Haley. You are insanely talented. You werent leaving, were you?" I asked, hoping that wasn't why he was waiting for the elevator.