Chapter 4

As soon as the lift closed behind me, I sat on the floor and started crying. I couldn't believe that had literally just happened and I couldn't believed how relaxed I seemed. I looked in front of me, to see my drink had spilt in the hallway and glass was everywhere. Well done, Haley.

I went back to my room, so I could freshen up and breathe a little. Then I remembered Maddy, so I decided to send her a message to ask about what was happening. She replied immediately.

Im currently dealing with a drunk michael, he keeps asking if he can touch my hair.

I sent a prayer to the guy upstairs (not the guy staying above us but Jesus) for all of this to go well. I replied to Maddy, advising her that I was on my way down and that Calum would come down soon as well.

When I reached the third floor, Michael was stroking Maddy's hair. When she saw me, she removed Michael's hand away from her hair and introduced us. "Michael, this is my friend Haley. Haley, this is Michael. He's Australian."

I lifted my eyebrows, pretending to be surprised and glanced at Michael, acting impressed. "That's strange, I met another Australian guy in the lift earlier, he's coming any minute for a drink, I think."

Michaels eyes lit up when I mentioned another Australian. "It was probably my mate, Calum! Around 1.82 metres? Looks Asian but isn't?"

This time I was unable to hold back laughter. "Yup, that's him."

"You know he gets really angry when people call him Asian?" Michael asked me.

"Really?" I asked, playing around with the fact that Michael was little drunk.

"Yes! I called him Asian before, even though I was kidding. And he got so angr-"

"Enough, Beetlejuice." said a voice behind me. Maddy and I started laughing, immediately. But the smile on Michael's face disappeared and he was just glaring at Calum.

"Sorry!" he begun. "I don't speak the Asian." Michael laughed again, while Calum looked angrily at him. 

Meanwhile, Maddy and I couldn't stop laughing.

"Dude, the Asian, isn't even a fucking language-"

"Ching Chong, dude." I was pretty sure this time Calum would hit Michael if I hadn't push in between them and put my hands on Calum's chest, preventing him from making any more steps toward Michael. Maddy pulled Michael away, and begun walking away from us.

"Woah, Sh." I said trying to calm him down, "would you like something to drink?" I asked, because I wanted to distract him from his argument with Michael.

Calum put his hand on his forehead, "I should be asking you if you wanted something to drink." he replied, the last of his rage fading. "I swear I'm usually calmer then that."

I tried to hide the redness in my cheeks and said; "Yes, I would like a drink." He smiles while he leans against the bar and ordered a drink, id never heard the name of before. But it wasn't too surprising anyway considering that the only time I had alcohol was when I stole a bottle of wine from the fridge at home.

I looked behind me, to see Maddy, and I noticed that she had calmed Michael down who was now talking about meaningful things while they drank.

"So, yes, that is my friend Michael." Calum broke the silence between us, while the bartender, tended to our drinks.

"He is... something unusual." I said, looking at his dyed hair, which looked like a skunk.

"Sometimes, I do question our friendship --- well all the time actually. But he makes our band, like, ten times better-"

"You're in a band?" I interrupted, remembering that I should seem surprised when we were on that subject. If Calum was surprised that I didn't know who he was, he showed no sign of it.

"Yeah, sort of." He replied. "We aren't that good, so it doesn't matter."

Yeah fucking right, liar.

"I'm sure you guys are good," I said. "That's why there was a group of girls who won't stop screaming." I said, referring to the first group that was going crazy around the room, which was literally me the other day.

"Fuck." Calum cursed, obviously because he hadn't noticed the girls from before. "We will soon have photos of us all over Twitter, if there isn't any already, I'm sorry."

I hunched my shoulders, taking a sip of my drink with ease. "Okay, but if you don't feel comfortable we can move this party to one of our rooms?" I suggested, expecting all of us to be in a room together,

Calum nodded, then walked over to Michael to talk to him. They whispered something and then spent a few seconds exchanging words before Calum walked back over to me, brining Michael and Maddy with him. "Okay then, Michael will bring your friend back with him to our room, & we can go back to your room?" Calum asked, looking at me.

Maddy shrugs her shoulders, and looked as if she didn't care if she was going to be alone with Michael. But was it too early to be alone with Calum?

"Sure," I finally said.

"Okay, let's go." Calum clutched my hand and we went over to the elevator, without forgetting to bring our drinks with us. I tried to ignore the looks that the group of girls sent our way, and I hoped to god none of them would recognise Maddy and I. Even though Maddy was easily recognisable so the chance they didn't remember us was highly unlikely.

When we reached my room, Calum went straight to the bed and sat down. Considering that our room was really small, and there was no other places to sit, I had no choice but to sit next to him. We quietly drank our drinks for a while, until it was so awkward that I had to break the silence.

Then I started to say: "I'm not being laid already.." It was pretty obvious that was not what I wanted, especially since I only met Calum less then an hour ago.

Calum started laughing, "Already?" his eyes met mine.

"Yes, I'm one of those weird girls who wants to date someone more then once, before they exchange sexual favours." my eyes moved away from his.

"I can understand that." Calum nodded, and then put his hand on top of mine. "tell me about yourself." He took another long sip of his drink.

I tried to think of something I liked or enjoyed, that didn't include anything about him or his band mates, but it was much harder then I expected. "Basically, I have a normal family. I enjoy reading more then I should, and the same goes for music. I like to think about the meaning of life and I always look on the positive side of situations." I paused. "Your turn."

Calum nodded. "I love music more then anything. My family, who is not Asian, mean everything to me. I love meeting and inviting girls into my hotel room, and I'm used to having sex on the first date."

I bite my lip. "This is interesting-"

"I don't know." Calum paused, biting his lip too. His lips were certainly bigger and softer then mine were. "You said you wouldn't do sex, but you didn't say anything about doing other stuff," it as as if he was reading my mind. And his lips seemed perfect.

Calum begun to hold my hand tighter, and he put the drink in his other hand down. I couldn't help but start to think that Calum wasn't as shy as I thought he was. It wasn't like the Calum on the YouTube Videos, and the cuddly and cute Calum in the keeks. This was a Calum that was always up for sex.

Would it be wrong to say I liked this?

-