Chapter 21

Luke was so cute, just not enough to let me sleep in his own bed, so I slept on the floor, which was definitely better than the street.

"I thought you had a different girl in bed, every night." I said, deciding to do a little tease.

Luke muttered from the bed, as if I was distracting him from sleep, which I was probably doing. "I was just going to the bar to find someone when I ran into you."

"You're such a hero." I said sarcastically. I had to stop talking if I didn't want to get thrown out of here and be sleeping in the hallway. I turned onto my other side and yelled. "OH MY GOD!"

"What?" Luke sat up faster than lightning.

"Calum wasn't lying to me when he said you have a stuffed Penguin under the bed." I screamed then fell back on the floor laughing my head off. "What's it's name?"

"You're so fucking annoying." Luke moaned from the bed. I realized after a couple of minutes he wasn't going to answer my question so I turned again with my face towards the door, hoping only that a sober Calum entered and that this was just a dream. But turns out, this was the reality.

"His name is Tom." Luke said so softly that I thought I imagined.

"As in Tom DeLonge?" I replied.

"Wait, you know him?" Luke asked, now with a louder voice.

"I don't live under a rock, Luke. I love Blink-182. "I told him honestly. I wasn't one of those girls who wore shirts without knowing the band.

"Maybe you're not so bad after all, groupie."

"That's what you call me now?" I grunted, annoyed by his nickname for me.

"I'll keep you saved as well on my phone until I die." I could hear the smile in the voice of Luke which made me even more irritated when I realized something.

"I thought you said that Calum and I wouldn't lasted?" Luke remained silent, without answer for a while.

"I don't know anymore." He whispered and I realized that I wouldn't fall asleep anytime soon, maybe Luke was in need of someone to talk to, after all.

"What's the matter?" I asked as I got up off the floor and I sat beside him on the bed. His arms were both under his head and stood facing the ceiling, but his eyes were closed and he seemed really stressed out.

"I hate to sleep alone." He said, without opening his eyes. "This is why I sleep with a different girl every night. I hate to just be alone, it makes me think too much and I don't like to think about how I'm lonely actually. I mean, I know I have the guys and fans, but I don't know. Suddenly Calum only has eyes for you, Ashton won't stop talking about Maddy, Michael ... I don't even know what he does half the time, he just simply disappears." Luke took away a hand from under his head and tried to move his hair from his forehead.

"Have you ever tried to have a real relationship?" I asked. He looked at me like I had two heads.

"I'm not alone." he replied, but I didn't believe him and I thought even he believed it. I knew that what he needed was someone to talk to and who would listen and love him. "If I promise not to make no step toward you, would you sleep with me?"

The first thing that appeared in my mind was what would Calum think if he had shown up here and we were seen sleeping together. But then his words came back to mind and although Luke would have tried it, I wouldn't have stopped. This was because I was angry.

I nodded and I lay beside him, trying not to get too close to his body. But of course the fact that Luke was cuddly must be true because he pulled my body on the mattress until he was able to surround his arms around my waist, but I didn't move because it seemed and felt strange. We were suppose to hate each other.

"It's usually more pleasant if you counter snuggle." Luke muttered and then slowly surrounded myself with his arms. He Had a nice smell and it was as hot as the Sun.

Was it bad that one part of me thought that it was Calum instead of him?

-

I awoke to the sound of someone knocking against the door and at first I was confused because I didn't remember where I was and why the Sun hadn't risen yet. Then i felt the arms around me and I thought it was my mom, but then Luke muttered something.

The beatings continued again at the door. "Luke!" It was Calum. I glanced at the clock and saw that it was four o'clock in the morning - Luke and I had only slept a couple of hours.

"Should I respond or not?" I asked Luke, not knowing what to do. If he had saw, it would have been really ugly. I didn't know if Calum knew I was here or if he thought I was back in LA.

"Answer me, you better." it was as if he was going crazy. I looked at Luke as he stood up and walked to the door and it was then that I realized that he had only been wearing boxers this whole time.

Luke opened the door, and Calum surpassed him in the dark room, I prayed Calum wouldn't see me and just think I was another one of Luke's girls.

"She's gone." Calum said, turning towards Luke. "I don't know what happened, but Haley is not here. I don't remember anything Luke, it's as if we were at the concert and then ... I woke with amnesia. "

Luke watched Calum and then me and I shrugged, because obviously Calum hadnt seen me. "Are you sure she's gone?" Luke asked.

"Well, she's not in my fucking room, I don't know what happened." Calum whined and I knew I had to talk for him see my presence.

Luke, the asshole he was, decided to turn on the light. Calum drew back, covering his eyes. "Why the hell did you do that?" He asked angry. Luke only made some gestures toward his bed where Calum turned slowly.

He looked at me and I watched his gaze. Luke walked quietly out of the room, giving me the opportunity to speak to Calum.
"What the hell are you doing here?" Calum asked rudely, already thinking the worst.

I rolled my eyes, without the desire to have to deal with this now. "You told me to go back to LA, what should I have done?" I replied, just as roughly.

Calum frowned in confusion. "Why would I do that?"

"Because I didn't want to fuck you." I returned a dirty look. "You couldn't even stand up straight and you kept trying, although I continued to say no, until I pushed you and then you tripped."

The expression on Calum's face was incredulous. "Haley, you have to understand that I had no idea what I was saying-"

"I don't know, Cal, when people are drunk are usually sincere." I said, crossing my arms over my chest.

Calum crossed the room and sat next to me on Luke's bed, instinctively, I moved further away.

"Haley." He said, grabbing one of my hands, so that my arms were no longer crossed. "I admit that I was planning a big night for us-but you have to admit that you thought it would happen tonight too?" Calum licked his lips. "It wouldn't have been just a shag. I care about you Haley and I don't know what to do or what to say. I'm usually good with words; I don't understand anything anymore."

I looked toward my lap, but Calum brought his other hand under my chin and lifted my face so that he looked into my eyes. "You're the kind of girl who has the power to enchant me. I'm not, but damn Haley, I feel that it happens every time I look at you and kiss you."

"Are you sure you're not just saying that to make me have sex?" I asked softly. I didn't really know what to think, no one had ever said something so special and romantic before.

"I swear. Please forgive me Haley."

-