Chapter 35

"What the hell are you doing here?" Luke said, gripping my wrist tightly. I turned and refused to looked upon him, I just sat there, hoping hed let me go. He didn't. "Haley, Do I have to repeat the question?" Luke continued, whispering when he said my name, hoping probably that Calum wouldn't hear.

"I-" I started to say, without being able to say something coherent. I was still watching from the opposite direction, I didn't want to make direct contact with him. This guy scared me from day one at the restaurant. "I wanted to see Calum, but now I'm leaving, don't worry." I said, fidget under his grip on my wrist, pain starting to rise from his strong hold.

"That's right bitch, I told you to leave or-"

"Luk-..... Haley? "

Everything seemed to freeze when Calum came out of the room. Luke and I turned to look at him; Luke final to let go of my wrist, and my circulation resumed in my hand. I rubbed my wrist, still watching Calum.

He looked like shit. He had dark circles under his eyes, probably from lack of sleep. It seemed thinner and not in a good way. He had his eyes Half-closed eyes in confusion, because he was the one who told me to go away and yet he was the one that had to look like crap, and couldn't even eat.

"Luke" Calum broke the silence in a surprisingly calm tone. "You tell her to go away?" He focused his gaze on Luke, making me move my eyes toward the floor. Luke, for once, didn't answer. I felt Calum look at me again, but I refused to meet his gaze. "I think the three of us should go back to my room and talk." Calum decided.

I looked at him immediately, finding the courage to speak to him for the first time in nearly two months. "No." If you want to talk, I don't want Luke in the same room as me. "I said, my gaze travelled to Luke, before returning back to Calum.

"That's fine with me," said Luke with a happy tone, eager to get away from Calum. I wanted to tell him everything myself. "See you later..." He said, walking towards the elevator without leaving anyone a chance to say something else.

Even though Luke was gone, I kept watching the last place he had been, not wanting to be alone with Calum. I knew as soon as I looked at his eyes, I would have collapsed and he would see that I desperately needed him and I didn't want to. I wanted him to fight for me. I wanted to look strong although I wasn't.

"Haley" Calum whispered and I closed my eyes, feeling the tears start to form at the sound of his voice when he pronounced my name.

"Cal." I whispered softly, before clearing my throat. I needed to pull myself together. "Calum" I said louder.

I opened my eyes and he was watching me, starting to walk closer and before he could do anything else, I cleared my throat again. "You want to talk about?" I asked, passing him to enter his room.

"Um, Yes." he replied. I expected him to say more or start a conversation, but he didn't.

"About?" I asked.

"Because you're wet, and why are you here and why have you lost weight?" Calum asked, question after question.

"You are the answer for all." I said, before I realized that I just said that he had made wet. "Wait, no. It's not like that. "I began to say, but he was already laughing. I grunted and I ran my fingers through my hair. "this was supposed to be a serious conversation."

"About how I made you physically wet?" he asked again, trying to look as innocent as possible.

"You followed me on twitter." I said, and I wanted to roll my eyes because it seemed ridiculous. "And then you unfollowed. And I had a breakdown, in the rain, and then I drove up here." I looked out his window, noticing that the rain had stopped. "Why are you awake at this hour?" It was six in the morning on a Saturday, and I was trying to change the subject.

"Just got back, I was out all night." He said and my eyes turned to the floor, thinking about the fact that he had been with a girl all night.

"Oh," I said, without an expression. "I should go." I began to recede towards the door, not wanting to be here knowing that he had moved on.

"No, Haley, not like that. I was out all night to write a song." Calum stood up and walked towards me, his eyes on the floor. "About you."

I was still watching, but I became nervous at his words. "Why did you write a song about me? It's called ' the bitch and liar Asian? "I tried to lighten the air but my comment didn't help.

The warm brown eyes of Calum met mine and I hadn't realized how much he had approached. "No," he said, his eyes still glued to mine. I couldn't look elsewhere; I had missed these eyes more than I missed my own father. "It's called ' Amnesia." Calum was only a few centimeters from me and I did nothing but watch it; I knew I would just melt as soon as he had does something.

"I drove by all the places we used to hang out getting wasted" he said softly, almost in a whisper, but I could hear the melody in his voice. His hand moved my wet hair from my face and put them behind my ear, making me close my eyes at his touch. "I thought about our last kiss, how it felt, the way you tasted."

And then we kissed. The familiarity of Calum's lips were on mine and I did nothing to stop it. In fact, I was returning the kiss so much more passionate than I ever have before. His hands rested on my hips and I couldn't help but think about how I felt so right, like it felt as if we were just complementing each other.

But obviously my mind started thinking taking over my feelings. Calum and I still needed to talk; a kiss wouldn't solve anything. I still lied. I was still a fan. I still kissed Luke.

He would find out sooner or later, knowing Luke, and I felt too guilty to continue kissing Calum.

"Something wrong?" He asked as soon as I put an end to the kiss.

"Calum, we can't."

He looked at me, confused. And then his eyes widened, filled with sadness. "Shit, I forgot you have a boyfriend."

I shook my head vigorously. "No, we're not together. Oh my God. No."

"Then what is it? "He seemed confused again.

"Calum, I'm a fan. We can't. And, seeing that Luke will tell you anyway, I will tell you I.. the night that I left you, he kissed me. And when I say that he kissed me, I mean that I had no intention to return the kiss, but he used this to threaten me, to threaten me to leave you and tell you that I was a fan." I finished talking and looked at him, he smiled back.

"I knew it. They all leave me Luke." He put his head in his hands and I wanted to hit him.

"I fucking hate Luke, Calum, can't you see? In the hallway he literally left a bruise on my wrist because i didn't listen when he told me to stay away. He will tell the managers if we keep seeing each other, so I can't Calum, sorry. I can't let you risk your career for something stupid like me." I began to recede towards the door for what seemed like the millionth time that evening and this time I paused. "I hope to see you once more before I die." I repeated the same words as the first message I had left and that made me want to cry.

He tried to smile, but his eyes were dampening and then I realised that I had to leave immediately or I'd never be able to. I couldn't see him cry.

Calum finally nodded. "I love you Haley, remember that." I nodded in response and then walked out the door.

-