Chapter 32

Valentine's day came really quickly.

It had been two weeks, and i had no hope whatsoever that Calum would forgive me, let alone message me or talk to me. The days passed slowly; and I just tried to focus on school work, mom's new boyfriend, anything at all to help clear my mind on what had happened.

"Happy Valentine's day" I said to my mom as soon i left my room morning. She was in the kitchen, preparing breakfast in her pajamas. This was one of the reasons why I loved weekends; She always made me a good breakfast and this was my favorite meal of the day.

"Happy birthday, Darling." She turned to me and smiled, meeting me in a tight hug.

Oh already. It was my birthday too.

I didn't feel eighteen at all. I couldn't believe I was an adult and it was as if I hadgrown up during the night. I didn't feel much of anything.

"Thank you." I returned a faint smile, returning the hug. "You and Brian doing something tonight?" I asked her, because it was Valentine's day and my mom was back in the dating game.

"We hadn't planned anything," she began to speak "as long as Maddy says she will take you out tonight, and that you're mine for the day, then everything will be fine!" my mom spoke, happily.

I couldn't help it - I blurted out - unable to conceal the fact that I had no desire to go out tonight. Or any night.

"But mom," I complained, "couldn't you just tell her that I was busy tonight?" But she walked away from me, continuing to prepare breakfast. I sat near the bench in our kitchen and felt the need to bang my head on the hard surface.

"It would be a lie." She showed no sign of discomfort in her voice. "In addition, you haven't left the house for so long. I know you're hurt honey, but it's time to move on." Her voice became sweeter at the end and it was my turn to be irritated.

"Well, Yes, I've moved on." I said. "I started going to the gym." It was the only way I could physically feel something, that's the only reason why I go.

"Do exercises doesn't relate to people, Haley." my mother's tone wasn't calm at all.

I was about to retort that I didn't like people, but I found no energy. And the fact that my mother had put my breakfast in front of me, got me to shut up.

"Come out tonight." I would have done it.

-

After being out with my mum for most of the day, doing random things, Maddy came to my HOSUE to see me.

She had brought all her good clothes and makeup. I grunted. All I did was mumble and complain the whole time.

"What shall we do this evening?" I asked her when she began to put on her makeup, fearing the answer.

"Your mom will be out for the rest of the night so I invited some people and I have a wonderful idea." Maddy smiled and I felt terrified at the thought of people invading my home.

"I just want to watch tv and sleep, Maddy." I grunted and felt my eyes dampening.

"Haley" Maddy stopped putting on her makeup for a second and sat next to me on the bed. "I know you're hurting, but you have to at least pretend to be happy. If you continue to pretend, then perhaps you'll legit become happy. I'm tired of seeing my best friend like a dead zombie. it puts me through pain me too." I looked at her and it seemed that she was starting to cry. I didn't even think of my sadness having that effect on others.

"I'm so sorry." I whispered and then hugged her and failed to stop myself from crying even though it was my 18th birthday.

After a few minutes we parted and Maddy wiped her eyes, then mine and I smiled at her in response.

"We're going to have fun tonight, okay? I'll make you forget about him."

"Okay," I agreed and she continued to put on her makeup.

-

About twenty people came to my house and the situation was not as excessive as I had thought. We ordered pizza and there was even a bit of alcohol, but nothing compared to the parties in LA. I was having a good night, socializing with everyone. I had missed Ali the most.

"I missed you." I told her when Ali came up to me and wished me a happy birthday. "Where have you been?"

"I went back to Australia for a couple of weeks, I had to talk to Chris." she said, referring to her boyfriend.

"Oh, about what?" I asked her. I wondered why it had taken two weeks, but I asked her.

"I broke up with him because I'm still in love with Luke, that's why I had so many problems in Las Vegas and i left. If I stayed still with Luke, I wouldn't be finished with Chris and it would end up with me cheating on him and I didn't want to be that kind of girl." When she mentioned Luke, I got angry, but the fact that Ali loved him still reheated my heart a little bit. Until I remembered that Ali didn't know what had happened between us.

"Ali, Luke has ruined my relationship with Calum and tried to ruin Ashton and Maddy's too." I said, biting my lip.

"Luke wouldn't do that. Luke is--"

"He kissed me and threatened to tell Calum, unless I told Cal the truth about how I was a fan. "I said everything as quickly as possible and I saw her face turn pale when I told her that I had kissed him.

"I don't believe you." Her face turned to anger.

"Luke wouldn't have done and it's not my fault that you lied to Calum." Just as she finished her sentence, she departed.

Just as she vanished, Maddy grabbed me and took me to a different room, unaware of what had happened between Ali and I. "What are you doing?" I asked when she recovered a Chair and placed in the middle of the room, making me sit on it.

"I told you I had a surprise, didn't I?" and then, somehow, she made the room go all different colours, the main light was broken and yet my room was still so bright. Maddy ran towards the group of people who had gathered around me and turned on the music. When the song 'Birthday Sex' finished, I started to get a little nervous.

A guy I hadn't seen before made his entrance through the crowd, walking towards me and unbuttoning his shirt.

What exactly was going on?

The crowd began to yell when his shirt reached the floor and was only centimeters from me. I Felt as if i was going to close your eyes, but I didn't.