Chapter 39

Chapter 39:

"Haley, are you really running away from him after all this?" my mother asked, looking at me like I was crazy. I was definitely crazy, I couldn't argue with that

"I don't know..." I sighed, placing the robe around my new dress, ready for graduation. I already had my makeup on and all I had to do was take my hat and then we would be ready to go. I had finished high school. "Well... He sent me a message saying that he would come to the ceremony. He wants to try one last time." I said, looking at my mom.

She stared back, wondering things and if I had responded. "I didn't know what to say." I admitted.

"Honey, if I have one regret with your father is the fact that I have not said enough times that I loved him; and then the night he died, we had a fight. I know this is a big cliché, but what if Calum it was not here tomorrow? How would you feel? "

As usual, the words of my mother hit me, so I grabbed my cell phone and I said to Calum.

I would love this just as I love you.

"I know you're too stubborn to see it, darling, but you're perfect together, and there's nothing that keeps him away, but you." continued my mom, probably not knowing that I had already given up.

I hope to see you again one time before I die :)

My heart jumped when he replied with a joke. I would not have thought of these words in the same way; they defined our relationship. I finished arranging the graduation hat and smiled to myself in the mirror. Maybe things would go well.

-

When Calum didnt show up at the ceremony, I knew that my bad vibes was right; I should have known that things couldn't settle down, that simply. I mean, he fucking sang a song for me at a concert and which he had bought me tickets for too. He had written a song and it had described me, publicly, the meaning of each sentence. The boy had risked his career talking to the manager of us so that we could be together.

My mother was right; I couldn't be stubborn anymore. I just had to stop fighting it and let Calum and I be together.

Except for the fact that the ceremony was over and I was just looking at the place where my mother was sitting alone (I told her I didn't want her boyfriend there because, it would be strange), noting that Calum was not here as he had said he would be. After everyone threw their hats in the air, declaring our freedom from high school, I couldn't help but smile, even though I knew that something was wrong.

Feeling like a woman now, I found Maddy before going over to her family and I embraced her in a hug. "I can't believe we did it." I shouted.

"Honey, how about we go out with the boys tonight and celebrate, if you know what I mean." She said winking. I had already said to her that I forgave Calum.

"I can't wait, it's been so long." I smiled, thinking about how things would finally back to normal. Until I saw my mother walking toward me without Calum. "Unless he has changed his mind about forgiving me." I said to Maddy, before my mom came and embraced me with tears on her face.

"I'm so proud of you baby." She sighed and I couldn't hold back the tears that formed in my eyes. I looked over her shoulder and saw that Maddy had found her family, then hugged my mother tighter, thinking about the fact that we would always love and have each other, through everything. I didn't want to think that things would change after graduation, because i would miss her more than anything else.

"Thanks for being the best mom in the world." Now it was her turn to start crying and we simply went back to hugging for what seemed like an eternity, until she asked me where Calum was.