Chapter 36

As I was leaving the building, Michael bumped into me, making me fall over. Why was everyone awake at this time in the morning? I honestly didn't understand.

"Haley!" I looked up and saw him, I wasn't even surprised at this point. "You're going into the city?" He asked and I nodded, confused by his question.

"Can you give me a ride to Emily? We can talk on the way." He surprised me.

"Because you're going to Emily? I thought you were a guy who just wants a booty call."

"When a guy from a booty call meets a girl who is older than him, the guy starts to have feelings most of the time."

I stopped walking. "Do you have that feeling?" I asked, I could not believe my ears.

"I said 'most of the time' I'm not saying anything." Michael kept walking and I followed, going towards my car. The first fans went away after they had seen Ashton, and it was strange not to see anyone out.

"Why don't you call an Uber?" I decided to change the subject, while I sat in the car.

"I feel like we need to bond." Michael said, without putting his seatbelt on and reached over to the radio station controls, to change them then looked at the phone.

"We can go after you put on your belt." I looked at him, trying to force him to do so.

"I am 18 years; If they stop us, I'll have them give me a fine because I'm not wearing it, not you. Now, what happened with Calum, Luke and everything?" Michael asked and I spent the next half an hour to update him on everything and anything as I drove.

"Wow" he said and I nodded agreeing. "So you're actually not going to talk to Calum anymore?" he asked.

"Probably not. Like, it's the best thing for him, and I'm not the best person for him either. You know what I mean?"

"I don't know, Haley." Michael replied, making me surprised again. "Calum is not as shallow as you think; he actually really loves you. When your weren't here for the last few weeks - he's been really broken. "

Oh... Exactly as I was..

Instead I said. "We'll see."

-

Calum's POV

When Haley had left again, I didn't think we would talk ever again; I thought that we would do what Ashton and Maddy were doing and talk behind everyone's backs. But Haley never answered me.

Even after I traced her back on twitter, email, and messaged her daily, there was still no response.

I looked up from the screen of my phone with a frown and I met Luke's gaze, who had a black eye. I wasn't saying that I did it myself or that he had been my punching bag for a few weeks, but I wouldn't have denied it either. After he had confessed that it was his fault that Haley was gone and had also admitted to kissing her, our friendship was over pretty much.

The only reason he was acting pretty was because Ali was back, telling him that she had left her boyfriend because Luke was the only one who she had ever loved, and cared about. If only she knew what he was like.

The group dinners had been fairly quiet until today. I couldn't stand being close to Luke or we would have started a fight, that was why we always sat on opposite sides of the table. Ashton was next to me on the other hand, Liz - since the manager had found out that Luke was acting this way, called her, especially since he was still a minor.

"Calum? I can't wait to perform Amnesia. When can we start to sing it?" Ash spoke, interrupting my thoughts. We had already recorded it and everything. I wanted Haley to bethe first to hear it, but it was pretty hard to do since she doesn't even notice my existence.

"I told you, man. After that Haley replies." I reminded him for the millionth time.

"But when you find the courage to actually go visit her?" asked Michael. He spent more time with us since he was tired of making fast and loose with the girls; I think he finally found proper feelings.

"I bought tickets to a concert by Alex - of The Cab - not of All Time Low - and I told Maddy to make sure she goes. I'm getting on stage just after their last song; It must work. And before this, I'll do a speech, with words describing the story behind each lyric."

Everyone looked at me in silence. Not surprisingly, Luke was the first to speak. "The manager knows that she is a fan; You can't be together. I'm sorry, but that's the reality." I was expecting this answer from someone.

"This is exactly why I already talked to him." I said. "I told them if I can't be happy with Haley, I wouldn't have stayed in the band. Of course, I was given the okay and was told that the rules were stupid." I looked towards Ashton, waiting for a huge grin to appear on his face.

"This means ..." he started to say and I smiled at him, encouraging him to continue. " Maddy. "I saw the smile that I haven't seen in a long time. Now they could be together publicly, without worrying about the manager.

I missed and he got up from the table with his arms embracing me stronger than I had done when I told him that Louis of One Direction had tweeted that we were going on tour with them.

"You can be with Maddy and I will come back with Haley." I muttered, returning the hug. "Please, don't say anything to Maddy about Haley, the concert is next month and I want to wait until then." I asked Ashton and he nodded in agreement.

"It's all about you, man. Literally. "

-