Chapter 6

[A/N Wow!! We're already almost to 50 reads in only 5 chaps and a week! Keep it up guys, thanks for reading! As soon as we reach 50 I'll pen that bonus chap for ya. Comment if you want it to be EunJin or TaeMin.]

As I walked back into the classroom, thoughts of the party re-entered my mind. Should we still go? It seemed like Taehyung and Soomin were doing fine, but the idea of going to my first 'teenage party' and curiosity about BTS still lured me. I wanted in badly, to catch a glimpse of their lifestyle and maybe have fun in the way that movies always tell me I'm supposed to, but was I really prepared to come up with a whole complicated lie to get out of going to my dad's? Could I even pull such a thing off, marring the issue of supreme guilt for lying to both of my parents and the enormous consequences that would come from getting caught? Eunji echoed my thoughts before I even voiced them.

"Well, now that that's settled, how the heck are we gonna get to this bash? I mean, it's not like you can just quietly sneak off base and there's no reasonable fib that could keep you at home. You could tell your dad you're staying with someone new- and if he even believes you- we'd have no where to spend the night. I mean, we could stay over at a jjimjilbang*, but we'd need cash and it's kind of sketchy. Kind of hella sketchy." 

"Better than sleeping on the streets I guess...I have like $20?" I added lamely.

"Okay, a really intensely hella sketchy jjimjilbang. That's cool. All part of the experience." We frowned at each other.

"Just stay at our place." Jin cut in, waltzing in out of nowhere.

"Um...what?" I asked abruptly. 

"Oh no! I wasn't suggesting anything like that!!" Jin blushed profusely as his face portrayed immense fear. "I mean...we have an extra room for when Rapmon or J-Hope or someone stays over! If you guys need a place to crash that's less dangerous than Soomin's house or a poorly lit bridge, you can just stay there! No one will bother you, I promise!" He correctly quickly. 

We looked at each other warily. Jin seemed like a pretty trust-worthy dude, but we hardly knew the others. Although surely with our own room there would be a door and a lock for security. Still...spending the night in a house full of drunk guys- known thugs, no less- after our first party, from which we would likely be intoxicated as well? I mean sure, we could choose not to drink and lower the risk rate, but it was pretty precarious nonetheless. 

"I just really don't want you guys to miss out on the fun because of something like that or have to do anything crazy. It probably sounds bad, but I swear these guys are all harmless. Taehyung's already got his eyes on someone, Yoongi couldn't care less if an enraged grizzly bear slept over, much less a girl, and Jimin just passes out after drinking. Nobody would ever come after you. I was really hoping you guys could come tonight..." he trailed off innocently. He looked down to us and blinked twice with those big, brown puppy dog eyes, so full of sweet genuine goodness and purity, and we both melted. We caved instantly.

"Of course! That's so nice, Jin! We'll be there. We'll bring food too, to thank you for the hospitality. We'll come no matter what, okay?" Eunji gushed. He grinned widely, goofy and kind.

"Great! I'll talk to you guys after school to give you the information. See you after class!" 

As soon as he had returned to his seat, Eunji turned to face me. 

"We have a problem," She confessed. "I'm a terrible liar. You gotta help me out." I sighed heavily. Always having to do all the work. 

Between our next lecture, I texted my dad.

Me:Hey dad it's Whim. About tonight...I'm really, really sorry but can I please spend the night somewhere else? I just made my first new friend and she invited Eunji and me to stay with her. Maybe I can stay with you Sunday-Monday instead, and I'll just take the subway to school in the morning. I don't want to miss our time, but I just really, really want to make some friends this time...I'd hate to set the tone that I'm flaky or don't want to hang out with anyone but Eunji. I figure I'm going to be here a little longer than usual with the divorce and all, so it'd be really nice to have some friends beside the one I live with. Pleeease?