Chapter 5

[A/N: I have decided to start something new to show my appreciation for all the reads! For every milestone # of reads, I will write a bonus chapter of one of the book's side couples. Since the book is first person, you only get to see what Whimsy sees, but this way I can add some special moments for all you Jin or Taehyung biases out there! If it goes over really well, I might even include some for future love interests of the other members which do not take place during the course of this book. I had plans for a flashforward epilogue at the end, but this way you could get some cute oneshots of all the members and the people I imagined but cut from the main storyline to keep it manageable. The first one will be at 50, then 75, then 100 and so on, unless i get too antsy and decide to do them anyways whenever I feel like it.]

I fiddled with Yoongi's scarf the next morning. How should I go about giving it back? What would I say? I bit my lip in frustration. He was all sketchy and cool and mysterious, but what if pulled another stunt like last time that left me bumbling and flustered? I was already slightly worried about the glares from the other girls and how crappy they could make my life. I saw firsthand how ostracized Eunji and Soomin were. God knew I didn't need any rumors about being a mob bitch floating around. My parents complex divorce was already making life difficult enough. 

I rushed downstairs and grabbed an apple. My mother was waiting in the kitchen. 

"Hey kiddo. I've got work in an hour but don't forget you're going to your dad's after school tonight. I won't see you because I work late, he's going to come here and pick you up."

"Wait...what?" I questioned. I had completely forgotten. It was Friday, and the party was tonight. The entire school had been a-buzz about it, and I had to admit I had grown extremely excited to see what the boys put on, besides the fact that Eunji and I had agreed to help Soomin there. 

"But...I have plans," I begged. 

"Plans? Please Whimsy, just go see your father. I'm sure you and Eunji can reschedule with your new friend. He only has weekends. I can't have an argument right now, I stayed up late with the divorce lawyer and I need to nap before I go to work tonight."

"But-"

"Whimsy, I will not argue with you. Go to school, and work it out with your father if it's such a problem."

I pouted and stormed out the door before texting Eunji, who was still upstairs.

Me: I'm waiting outside. Fought with the mother bear. She threw a giant wrench in our plans and I don't know how the hell we're gonna fix it.

Eunji: Ugh fuuuuuuuuuuuckkkk what's that supposed to mean?!

Me: GET OUT HERE AND YOU WILL KNOW. Let's walk and talk you lazy scuzzbag!

Eunji came rushing out a minute later. 

"Alright, what's the issue, brat?" She demanded with palpable sass.

"I'm supposed go to my dad's after school. How the hell am I supposed to get out of it for the party? We can't come back here because our moms are here and they'll see me even if I can get out of going to my dad's. If I can't, I couldn't even sneak out because I need him to get back on the base. I don't know where I'm supposed to stay tonight, especially if we end up drinking as much as Soomin seems to want us to."

"Maybe she can take us in?"

"Didn't she say her dad's a massive alcoholic?"

"Oh right...shiiiit! Ugh, well let's just talk to her when we get to school." I nodded and we continued on to school.