Chapter 8

[A/N: When I got on this morning and there were 49 reads. Oh! One more and we're there, I thought. Here I turn on my laptop to write chapter 8 and we have 64 reads, my all time best!! Thanks so much guys! Please let me know which side couple you would like to see first in the bonus chapter I promised and I will have it out tomorrow!]

When Jin returned, still quite tipsy (if not already drunk), he suddenly stopped in his tracks, eyes widening to a massive scale and mouth falling open. He dropped a bottle and rushed to pick it up before too much spilled, only half waking him from his stupor. I looked around, confused, then took a step to the right. His eyes did not follow, or really register me at all. That's when I realized he was looking at Eunji. 

For a second, he stood there blinking and seemed to plotting an exit route. Finally, he approached us again, or rather Eunji, who he spoke to exclusively. 

"E-eunji-ah...before, you guys were in the dark, I...you...you look beautiful..." he stammered. Eunji turned a shade of red I'd never seen before. 

"Oh...t-thanks...I thought the dress might be too much you know, but Soomin said-"

"No, it's great!" He exclaimed, a tad too enthusiastic. "You...you should wear your hair like that more often. It looks so good on you..." 

"Oh but...it's against school policy to wear it like this..."

"Screw school policy! I mean...you should do what you want to do. What's the worst they could do for a 'hairstyle policy infringement'?" He chuckled nervously.

"I...I guess so. Thanks...I like your sweater," Eunji replied awkwardly. There was a slightly overstretched pause as Jin gulped down the rest of his drink.

"Oh really?? Thanks! Oh, I ran out of beer...I'll go get another!" He announced, then scurried away.

"Woooow...I did a boss ass job." Soomin mused. "You awkward drunk lovebirds have fun without me, I'm gonna go find Taehyung." She waded away through the crowd.

Next thing we knew, Yoongi returned sans cookies. 

"Whimsy-ah! Yah, enjoying the party??" He slurred, dancing toward me.

"Yah...are you drunk already?" I asked with amazement.

"Don't judge me!! I'm a lightweight!" He yelled back. I giggled.

"I just had three shots and a beer and I just feel like dancing. You're a weakling." His jaw dropped.

"Holy shit! Those three shots must have been water! Hey, you want to dance with me?"He propositioned.

"You want to dance with me?" I shouted over the thumping base.

"Yeah!!" He grabbed me by the arm, grinning sloppily. 

Had I not been starting to feel the booze more and more, I probably would've remarked on how different (i.e. fun and adorable) intoxicated Yoongi was, but at that moment I was busier trying to remember how to dance while I was still mildly sober enough to care whether or not I looked ridiculous. 

"What are you standing there for?" He inquired loudly.

"I've only ever been to one school dance...I don't want to do something embarrassing." I admitted a little too earnestly.

He laughed and took me by the hands. "Nothing you could possibly do...will stick out in people's mind more than the way Jin is dancing right now." He turned me around and pointed across the room, where Jin was doing some painfully strange excited traffic directing dance. I gasped in horror. Eunji cheered him on from the side, sipping her drink with one hand and waving the other arm to an indiscernible beat.