Chapter 30

After dinner, we started the cleanup process in good spirits. Jin and Eunji were just finishing up the dishes when Soomin headed home, much to Taehyung's disdain. He left to walk her home, and Yoongi and I were chatting in the living room. I turned my head to see Eunji across the way in the kitchen, staring up at Jin with a look of wonder and a small smile. He said something to her and she laughed brightly. Beaming back, he seemed like he couldn't take his eyes off her now that he was finally allowed to stare without consequence. Pure adoration bloomed between them and though Eunji wasn't quite back in her natural personality, she seemed much more content with him near. Jin stole a kiss on her cheek, blushing madly, and I had to look away as I began to feel intrusive. Everything seemed right and looking up for an instant. 

But I should've known better, because the hits weren't going to stop coming. Not for a long time.

The door burst open and four men entered; two burly men dragging Hoseok stepped in gruffly and tossed him aside, making way for a man I'd never seen before. Chills ran down my spine on first glance and though I'd never seen his face, I knew who he was. His aura was predatory, dictatorial. The men didn't look him in the eye, and his suit was emaculate and facial hair flawless. His scars showed a different story, one jagged pink line running from his temple to just below the eye and several more on his neck. His eyes, though cold and razor sharp, were unmistakably that of Namjoon's. This was the man. This was the monster under BTS's bed.

"Call down Namjoon." He ordered to no one. His eyes landed on me and Eunji, who had walked out of the kitchen at the loud sound to see what was going on. "It seems we have a lot to discuss."

Yoongi stood up quickly, his hand a vise on mine. He bowed a curt ninety degrees at Namjoon's father. "Yes Hyungnim." His eyes turned to me, trembling along with the rest of him. "Whimsy, get out of here." He whispered. "GO," He insisted. 

"No," the ruthless man called. "Fetch Namjoon but the girls stay. My people tell me they're common around here these days." 

Yoongi's expression turned to one of pure terror as he nodded and rushed upstairs to find Namjoon. He nodded to Jin, seemingly leaving my life in his hands for the few seconds he would be gone. 

"Hyungnim," Jin called dutifully, his voice shaking. He bowed deeply as well and moved to stand in front of me, crowding me out of the space directly in front of Namjoon's dad. He was protecting me. 

"No need to be so cautious SeokJin. If I decide to do something, you won't be able to stop me anyway." 

Stick tense we all began to feel the seconds stretch on for miles. Jin's eyes found Hoseok and the rest of us followed suit. He wasn't bleeding or beaten, but he was bent up against the wall in a much more disturbing way, shaking viciously and eyes barely open as if he had no idea where he was. His eyes began to roll back into his head when Jin opened his mouth to speak-

At that moment Namjoon and Yoongi came rushing down the stairs and joined the scene. Yoongi moved close to me and pushed me behind him as Namjoon cried out. 

"What's wrong with Hoseok? What did you do?" 

Namjoon's father's cruel eyes flicked toward Hoseok with mild agitation. 

"Your friend is in a serious plight. He's overdosing right now."

After a collective gasp and most everyone moving to help him Mr. Kim's voice rose to a deafening level. 

"You may help him AFTER you are through with me," He snarled and the room froze. Jimin picked this awful time to wander in with young Jungkook in tow, realizing his mistake he tried to shield Jungkook before he could be seen, but was too late.