Chapter 32

[A/N because I haven't in a few chaps: Sorry for destroying all your feelings it will continue to get worse heads up but have HOPE my friends hahaha too soon?]

We dropped Jungkook off on the way home and walked in silence the rest of the way home. When we reached the front door, someone was already waiting for us. It was Taehyung who noticed first of course, even in the darkness of the deep night. 

"Soomin-ah?" He ran toward her and bent down to where she was perched on the front step, looking hollowed-out. "What are you doing here? What happened to you?" He gasped upon seeing her wrecked appearance up close; she was bruised and scratched as well as parts of clothes ripped apart. She looked down, fat tears slipping out from her eyes. 

"I didn't want to bother you...I came here but no one else was around so I figured something had happened...I just didn't have anywhere else to go," She fumbled. 

"Why on Earth didn't you call me?" Taehyung practically yelled. 

"I...I guess I wasn't thinking," She replied soullessly. 

"Soominie, what happened to you?" He pushed again. 

"I was hiding after you left. Eventually it was too quiet so I went to see where my mom was," Soomin started, choking on her words. "She left a note on the kitchen table that she was running off with her new boyfriend..." She sobbed. "And when my dad woke up..." She shook her head hard as she broke down. "I barely got out of there." Taehyung threw his arms around her tightly, attempting to soothe her fears. 

With her head in his shoulder, wrecked and terrified in a way none of us had ever seen her, Soomin didn't see the hatred in his eyes when Taehyung bit his lip and tried to think of something to say that didn't revolve around wanting to murder both of her parents. 

"It'll be okay Soominie, I've got you," He tried, smoothing her hair. Sniffling, he wiped his eyes and urged her to stand up. "Let's get you inside Minnie." With pain in our chests, we all entered the building. 

"I'll sleep on the couch," Soomin suggested. 

"No need, " Taehyung replied softly. "Eunji's leaving." He nodded gratefully in Eunji's direction who was looking miserable but determined. Her decision meant Soomin's life, and all she had to sacrifice was some awkward silence at home. 

"Let's go and pack then," Jin said brokenly, and lead her upstairs. 

"What did happen tonight? Where's Namjoon?" Soomin asked a shattered-looking ghost of Taehyung's usual self. 

"Don't worry about that right now, we can talk about it tomorrow morning. Go ahead to my room, I'll be there in a minute." He was shaking hard at this point, breathing scattered and shallow. Soomin ghosted out of view soon after. 

At the sound of the door closing, Taehyung's wall came down.

He let out a wail of frustration and slammed his fists against the wall. Unsatisfied with this, he moved to the coffee table and swept his hands against it, tossing and breaking everything on it. 

"Tae-tae!" Jimin shouted, running to grab him by the arm. He was pushed off effortlessly in Taehyung's blind rage. Yoongi moved me back out of the line of fire as Jin appeared at the top of the stairs demanding what the noise was. 

"Taehyung's losing his shit," Yoongi snarled back. Taehyung lunged as if to fight him, and I threw myself in front to prevent that collision. 

"Get ahold of yourself Taehyung! Is this what you want?" Jimin pleaded. Jin sped down to the living room to aid Jimin in restraining him. 

"What else is there? I can't protect anyone!" Taehyung screeched. "Hoseokie, Soomin- only the people I hate go unpunished. I'm fucking cursed! Everyone I love gets hurt and I can't do anything! I learned to fight and I'm still helpless. As soon as I patch one hole, another opens up." He sobbed. 

"Taehyung-ah, none of that is your fault..." Jimin told him, echoing all of our thoughts. 

"How is it not? Whatever I do makes it worse. If I kill Soomin's dad too I won't be helping her. If I get thrown in jail who will be there to take care of her? If I leave him alone..." He threw his hands into his hair pulling tight as if he could physically yank a better idea out. His eyes were squeezed shut as he sank down to the floor. "I don't want to kill anyone else...I still can't get the nightmares of my own dad out of my head. How are we supposed to kill five people we've never even met? I just want out, I just want some goddamn peace!" He begged, clutching at his own chest. 

"We'll find a way," Jin soothed, "There's no way Namjoon would go through with that plan. And we're graduating in a couple months, then Soomin and you can move away and go to college-"

"How?" Taehyung demanded. "How are we supposed to pull that off?!"

"By knocking everything over in the house!" Yoongi shouted. "Clearly. By breaking things and taking it out on other people like your dad and Soomin's. Keep up what you're doing and become just like them!" 

"What do you want from me?!" Taehyung yelled back. 

"To get yourself together! While you're out here losing your mind, you're girlfriend is in there alone after being abandoned and beaten to hell. Have some faith in your leader," Yoongi stepped forward and grabbed him by the collar, "And get off your ass and take care of her. The rest of us in the exact same place as you right now. If you need to cry, then cry, because no one is judging you. But don't take it out on anyone else and when you're done do what you swore to do and take care of the people you have left!" He threw him down again and Jimin rushed in to support him, giving Yoongi a slight look of disapproval. 

Soomin emerged silently from behind the corner and moved down to hold him. They cried together that way, now that Taehyung was no longer hiding it from her. Jimin whispered that we should all go our separate ways because the worst was over with. We took his advice and made ourselves scarce. 

Jin and I helped Eunji finish packing while Yoongi cooled off. 

"I guess that's it," She said, quietly placing the last of her hygiene products in her suitcase. 

Jin nodded and let out a deep sigh. I walked with them to the door, where I hugged her tightly. 

"Text me about how everything goes." I bid her. 

"I'll let you know." She replied. Jin grabbed her bag in one hand and took hers with the other, turning to leave. Eunji waved back at me as she disappeared into the night. 

That night, I finally made a call.

"Hey, mom."