Chap 13

[A/N: Sorry I couldn't get a chap up yesterday guys, my work schedule made it impossible. This will probably be an issue Thursday as well, but after this week I'm going to California to visit my best friend and planning to write there! It's common knowledge that besties are great brain food and let's be honest we'll be 99% lazy so it should all work out well!]

"What did you just say?" Yoongi asked threateningly. I gasped at the accusation and felt my cheeks burn pink. Did I really look like that kind of person? 

When he pushed me behind him I started to worry. Yoongi's fists were clenched. 

"I'm just wondering. Would you bring any respectable girl to a place like this? She's a foreigner, what else are you doing? Making friends?" The other boy taunted again. 

"Whimsy-ah, you should see an example of what we were learning earlier in real life, right?" Yoongi asked in a dangerous tone. 

"Yoongi, don't do it." I replied quietly.

"Oh? She actually speaks korean? Wah, maybe I should I ask if I can join-"

In a flash Yoongi's fist collided with his face, sending him spiraling down to the floor. Blood seeped out of his lip and he stayed cheek to the floor, not standing up. 

"Yoongi!" I yelled. He blinked back unemotionally.

"It's okay, he's not unconscious, just a weakling." Yoongi retorted, nudging the other guy with his foot for emphasis. He groaned. 

"Yoongi, that's not what I mean!" I shouted, exasperated. 

"Ah, I should've let you hit him. Sorry." He apologized. I smacked his arm. 

"No, you dunce! You're not supposed to just- just- hit people like that!" Yoongi raised an eyebrow.

"Even guys like that? Doesn't he deserve to be hit?"

"Well...I mean..."

"Aren't you kind of happy he got hit?"

"Yeah, actually...but- you hit him really hard!"

"Really? I thought I held back a lot..." 

I sighed frustratingly. "That's not how you're supposed to handle it!"

"How then?" 

"You just say something like 'fuck off asshole' and leave!" He pondered it for a moment.

"I like it when you cuss. I haven't seen that side of you before." 

I glared at him menacingly.

"Okay, okay a good person would just leave it alone, but I'm in a gang." He reasoned. I paused, trying to find a good response.

"Well- don't do that anymore! Just have friends, and don't do illegal things!" I exclaimed. 

Yoongi laughed. "Who are you to ask me to do such things? Are you my girlfriend?" 

I blushed furiously. "I-it's just a good idea! So you don't get locked in jail or something!" I stammered. He rolled his eyes and pushed me towards the door.

"Alright, alright, Yoongi was wrong. Let's get going before he gets up and makes me want to hurt him again." He said. 

We stopped at a convenience store on the way back to my house for snacks. 

"Who was that guy anyway?" I asked over a steaming bowl of ramyun.

Yoongi stirred his noodles agitatedly. 

"Just an idiot. He used to play piano like me, but he really loved it. He had to quit because he got poor when his dad was fired. He's always hated me because I quit willingly, as if I didn't get enough shit for that." He grumbled. 

"Oh. He won't lose any teeth from that punch or anything, right?" I questioned, glancing at him from the side. 

Yoongi giggled. "Of course not. I wasn't trying to kill him or anything, it was just to teach him a lesson about being so rude."

I pondered. "Then I forgive you. If he's not hurt too badly and he was an asshole anyway." He smiled brightly at me. 

"Good. I'll buy you ice cream on the way out." 

Rewarding- or should I say bribing me, for accepting his poor behaviors. What a delinquent.

"Where are you getting all this money?" I wondered aloud.

"Ah, from beating up assholes in the ring." I laughed. "Also, from selling mixtapes, performances, and at that party we actually charged everyone except you and your friends an entrance fee for the alcohol. Really we got it for free from a friend of Namjoon's dad. We keep all the money in a communal jar at home and use it mostly for repairs on the house, but occasionally for when we go out." I nodded. What an interesting little society they had built for themselves. 

"Listen, Whimsy...do you really hate that BTS does illegal things? Do you not like that I'm with them?" 

I swallowed my ramyun hastily. "No- I like them all, I think they're all good people. It seems like you guys just keep up appearances sometimes though...like, Namjoon doesn't seem like a mobster...or that he wants to be one, more like he's just in that life because of his parents. And...I think you live more roughly than you need to. It seems like you're in a good enough place now that you can maybe settle down a little bit and not be so tough. Like...mentally, you're still in the hard times, but...maybe you don't need to be." I answered honestly. 

"You're really smart, Whimsy." He murmured. "Maybe you're right."

But I wasn't, and I would regret those words with every fiber of my being later. 

On the walk home, Yoongi held my hand all the way. I felt warm all through my body, and strangely comfortable despite a vastly increased heartbeat. When we reached the gate, he pulled me aside.

"Whimsy-ah, if I take up an interest and really try to graduate this year, will you help me with my school work?" He requested shyly.

"Of course," I breathed. 

He gave a small, coy smile and brushed my hair behind my ear, bending close. He pressed his lips against mine gently, and kissed me deeply. When we broke, he whispered

"Let's see more of each other, Whimsy." Then turned on his heel and went home.