Chapter 7

[A/N Sorry for dragging this out. I like to pace things realistically and include details so sometimes you gonna get filler. I halfway apologize for the filler making it not always romantic and having whole chapters with hardly any interaction with the love interests, but on the other hand the goal I set out for when writing this was to make a well-written fanfic that read like a real book. Anyway, have a hugely (though reasonably) fanserviced party chapter! Drama will only continue to unfold with this story. I have a full plan for the story and character arcs for everyone woo! Thanks for the love so far!]

As we walked up to the door of the building, I double checked to make sure we didn't go to the wrong place. Soomin assured us this was the place. I stared at the practically dilapidated structure. We were going to stay the night here? Would the building even be standing after all the loud music shaking it and countless abuses from a teen rager? 

"It looks a lot sketchier on the outside. It's sturdy though. The boys are always making improvements." She added hastily. 

Music blared for blocks from within the building and its active back lot, which was wrought with high schoolers having too much fun, not that the sound would bother the 90% abandoned neighborhood. There were also some people I could only assume were not from our school, or anything less than a college, but I didn't question. Whether they were party crashers or older friends wasn't really my business. Still, my brain kept trying to find excuses not enter the threshold.

Eunji was frozen in place like me, being equally inexperienced in the ways of all these extroverted party-goers. Soomin looked back and forth at each of us. 

"Do I need to push you?"

In the end, it was the sound of a song I had never heard that made me step forward. A familiar voice spit rhymes to the thick beat echoing from within. Before I could knock Jin threw open the door and ushered us in. 

"Yah! Yoongi's rapping, come on come on!" He pushed us into the main party's floor. A makeshift stage had been set up next to the amps and DJ booth. I was no expert, but it seemed like these guys were throwing something quite above the average high school party's level.

"He almost never does this," Jin informed us, staring at his housemate with wonder. 

Surprisingly, his voice transferred amazingly through this medium. Unlike his usually lifeless, lazy demeanor, he was abuzz with life and energy on stage. He bounced around while speaking at speeds I didn't know were humanly possible, and the words never ceased to be witty and dowsed with venom. Sure, Min Yoongi was a handsome guy, but up there letting loose on a mic while what had gone from casual party-goers to an audience went wild, he was more attractive than ever. It was hard to believe the nearly silent guy from class was the same as the charismatic rapgod in front of us. 

The song ended and the crowd went nuts. Rapmonster took the mic.

"Alright, we're gonna take a break but we'll be playing a few more songs from our mixtape. If you like what you hear, go buy a copy from Jisung in the corner over there. Proceeds go to more events like this and tipping Kim Seok Jin for his fabulous cooking skills." He blew a kiss in Jin's direction, who laughed heartily before shouting a 'What is this?!' in return. "This next one's called Baepsae!" With this Rapmon hopped off stage and into the sea of people. 

I looked down at the tupperware of cookies in my hands. It was not that kind of party. J-Hope appeared out of nowhere and pointed to them.

"Yah! Are these edibles?! Waaah, call me Hoseok! You guys are cooler than I thought!" I coughed a little. 

"What are edibles?" I whispered to Eunji, who shrugged. 

"Well if you keep eating those trying to get high you're gonna have a pretty hard time getting more than a bellyache," Soomin informed him. He looked almost offended.

"I changed my mind. Don't call me my real name." He walked away. 

"He'll come around." Jin promised. "Hey, I'll go get you guys some drinks ok? Wait here!" He wadded off toward the bar table. 

We stepped slightly out of the way and into the light. This time it was Yoongi's face that appeared from the mob of people. He paused before he reached us, looking us- or was it just me? up and down with a deviously pleased expression. 

"You made it." He remarked, coming close. The beat of the song raged harder, awakening a desire in me to dance like a maniac, which grew less controllable by the minute. He looked at the cookies.

"Did you make those?" I nodded awkwardly. 

"I uh...thought people might get hungry...kind of more people than I expected. J-Hope was apparently very disappointed to find out they're not drugged." I replied. A gummy, genuine grin took over his face and his eyes shrank when he bent over laughing. 

"Whimsy, you're seriously amazing," He said, then took the cookies from my hands and popped one into his mouth. "These cookies are even better. You know what they need? Soju." He disappeared. 

About that time Jin came back with drinks in hand. 

"I've already had a bottle of soju myself, so I should probably slow down but you guys are just getting started!" Jin appeared to be roughly 10x more jovial than his normal self, and it was making him even cuter than normal. He was a cinnamon roll of epic proportions, smiling and laughing and swaying along to the music. "Have some shots!"

We each took 3 and then were handed a beer. The music seemed to be getting louder, and the foul-tasting liquid hit me like a wall. It was time to dance.

That's when the night got crazy.