Chapter 4

I was glued down to my seat and bright pink all over. Did he just...dress me? And then pat me? Was I supposed to be his little sister? Didn't we just meet? Was any of this normal?? Was I even awake???

Eunji shook me from my stupor.

"What the friggin frackin hell was that?!" She squawked. 

"I have no idea what just happened. I just let him borrow my scarf to use as a pillow and then...is this normal for him?"

"Are you freaking kidding me, Whim? Have you seen him? He never even smiles. He doesn't even talk to anyone. I don't think I've ever seen him touch someone unless it was to push them out of the way or clock them in the face. How the hell did you manage to become his best friend in one school day without hardly uttering more than a few sentences?"

"Are we friends? Maybe he has a little sister I remind him of?" I continued to babble on confusedly with a whole manner of unlikely excuses for the incident. 

"Not that I know of. Holy crap. Maybe he likes you!" Eunji enthused.

"Ha! Well speaking of that," I said, finally rising, "Your opinion of someone's romantic feelings for another are the absolute last I would trust right now, because you're either stupid or a LYING LIAR OF A BEST FRIEND!" I accused.

"Whoa bro, what the heck are you talking about?"

"Excuse me? Eunji, remind me, how long have we been best friends?"

"Forev-"

"Yes forever thank you! And what do people who've been best friends forever tell each other again?"

"...Everythi-"

"Everything, yes!" I interrupted again. "Especially about their romantic interests!! All this freaking time I'd go on about this cute guy I'd probably only know for a month or two and you were back here telling me there was nothing to report for you and then I get here and what do I find?"

"...So...this is about...Jin?"

"Obviously." I snapped. "What the hell is up with that?! You too are practically Romeo and Juliet out here and you just didn't say anything?!"

"Don't be so convinced, okay? It may seems like he likes me, but he doesn't. He's just kinda awkward. Trust me, if he liked me wouldn't he have asked me out already? We've known each other for years. There's nothing to report but I guess you know now anyways. I'm in a shitty one-sided love story just like you all those times."

I shook my head with disdain. "You're literally nuts. He's in love with you. Like 100% eternal puppy dog love. You should see the way he looks at you." 

"Seriously, don't give me any hope. I don't need my fragile soul destroyed like that when he finally decides to date somebody one day."

We exited the school and started toward home. 

"I'm gonna find a way to prove it. If you two don't date the universe will forever be out of balance."

Eunji sighed heavily. "We're way too dramatic. We need some normal ass friends."

"Friends, huh? I could do that." We both whirled around to see another girl from class. She was taller than both of us, with gorgeous long hair and a pretty face. 

"Soomin??" Eunji asked.

"Yep, that's me now maybe you could help a sister out..." Soomin proposed, wrapping an arm around each of us. "See, you two have some sort of uncanny ability to attract BTS where no one else can, and I need in on that action. I've my eye on one for a while. Don't worry, it's neither of yours."