Chap 22

[A/N: WOW WHAT A BREAK AND OMFG OVER 700 READS?!?! Im so sorry I work and have school and was high key dying but HERE I AM ITS SPRING BREAK TIME TO GET BACK ON IT]

Yoongi was carted off to surgery, leaving me and my dad in a silent waiting room, shifting our weight from side to side uncomfortably in the hard, overused chairs. I sat there fidgeting endlessly as I moved round and round in a cycle of biting my nails, checking my phone, and staring at the operation room door. 

The rest of the 'Boyscouts' were texting me in turn from Namjoon's phone, all worried terribly for Yoongi but unable to get past the checkpoint entrance to the military base without military IDs or a personnel member with them. I promised we'd take him straight home when he was okay and the boys would be the first to see him. Namjoon wanted every detail about what had gone down with Yoongi's parents, and truthfully, I was a little uneasy about giving them to him having known what had happened to Taehyung's father. I did so anyways, with the mindset that he was probably asking to get a better picture of what happened to his close friend, but if they were to somehow turn up dead- not that I wanted Namjoon to get involved in any more illegal activities- it wouldn't be a loss to anyone. Those monsters deserved to die. They deserved to be in this hospital instead of Yoongi. 

An hour later, several nurses emerged from the operating room with Yoongi unconscious on the stretcher. They gave us the number of the room he'd be placed in and said in another hour or so when Yoongi woke up, a doctor would be in to give us all the information we'd need for out-patient care. They also assured us the surgery had gone exactly according to plan and Yoongi was going to be fine, albeit the metal rods would stay in his arm forever. 

In the much more comfortable patient room, my dad finally broke the silence. 

"Are you going to tell me what happened now?" 

I took a deep breath and slowly explained as much as I could about Yoongi's parents and how it lead to the fight today. He shook his head disapprovingly and sighed. 

"I can't believe some people who call themselves human beings..." He bemoaned. "I'm slightly angry because this is exactly why I like to know the family of who my kids are hanging around. I'm mostly mad at your mother for not watching you or asking where you were going because you could've seriously gotten hurt but...I'm not mad at the kid at least. He seems like he did right as much he could considering how bad he had it. And he tried to get you out of there. That's what matters." 

I nodded and tugged at my sweater sleeves. 

"He's a good guy, Dad. He's trying." I said quietly.

Just then, Dad's phone began to ring. I looked down and saw Eunji's mom's name on the screen before he could quickly decline the call and hide it. 

"Dad...why is Eunji's mom calling you at night?" I asked. 

"Oh...well, it's probably something to do with your mother, or checking up on you." 

"Wouldn't mom just call you? And why wouldn't she just text me-"

A groan from across the room cut our conversation short. I bolted to Yoongi's bedside.

"Yoongi! Are you waking up? Are you feeling better?" I asked quickly, searching his face for an answer. He blinked several times before looking at me directly. 

"Whimsy-ah...you're still here?" 

"Of course I am you idiot," I chided, brushing some hair out of his face. He took my hand with is working one and managed a small smile, his heavy eyelids coming open and shut slowly several times. He then turned his attention towards my father, who was walking across the room to greet him.