Chapter 12

[A/N: Sorry I skipped yesterday, I ended up having to work late and then didn't get back to the house til night and went to bed at 10 like a normal human being (EXTREMELY early for me) but I figured it would be alright since I gave you guys 3 chaps the day before! Here's today's.]

"I don't think your dad likes me." Yoongi stated as we casually strode down the street. 

"Yeah...probably not. Don't take it personally though. He's just the military type ya know?"

Yoongi shook his head. "I've never met anyone who was career military before."

"Oh well...you know...he's...type A personality."

"Blood type A?"

I pondered for a second. "No...he's very...meticulous. Overprotective. Wary of everyone. A micro-manager. Likes things his way."

He frowned. "Besides being protective it sounds like my parents. Does he try to keep you locked away and have a life-plan set out for you?"

"He would if he could. I think there are certain life-markers he wants me to do a certain way, but luckily no one ever told me I had to pick a specific profession or anything. I'm sure he wants me to live in the US though, but I like living abroad. I can always visit my parents in the states."

He nodded absently and kicked a pebble as we walked on. "You should always do what makes you happy." He advised.

"Does boxing make you happy?" I asked. 

"Yeah. I like having something to work toward. It's a good outlet too. I'm not a heavyweight obviously, but I can still make a living in the lightweight category if I'm good." He replied.

"Are you good?" I questioned curiously. He smiled. 

"I usually win." 

"What about your music? Do you like that too? You guys are really talented." His smile faded and he looked sullen once more.

"I don't really like music. I'm good at it, and writing is something I can't resist doing, but I wish I could avoid altogether." 

I tilted my head in confusion. "Why do you hate it if you're so good at it?" 

His pace slowed even more. "My parents wanted me to be a musician. I was supposed to be a classical pianist. Playing piano was all I was allowed to do. It wasn't for fun, it was just to be absolutely perfect." 

This time it was my face that fell. "You must have been really good then, but I guess that ruined music for you? That's awful."

"I wasn't the best. They wanted me to be. I didn't see it happening no matter what, so one day I thought I saw a compromise. I could find something else to be the best at- I told them I should quit piano and focus on something else." I had I feeling I knew how the story ended. 

"At first they tried to make me change my mind, but it just made me stubbornly  decide I would do it no matter what. An hour later they threw my suitcase in the street, took my phone and locked me out. Underground rap was something I discovered that would occasionally give me enough money to eat, so once again music was survival. I think I'm naturally creative, but my medium was spoiled for me. On the other hand, I met Namjoon through underground rap, and he's the reason music no longer defines my life, so ironically music made me able to escape music."

"I'm glad you only do it when it feels right now. I just hope one day you can reclaim it somewhat and be able to enjoy something you're so gifted in. I hope it turns out to be something that helps you, but for now it's good that  you have boxing too. I'll cheer you on at fights, but my dad can't know or he won't let me talk to you." I concluded, hoping to brighten up the mood a bit. He smirked at me and looked satisfied.