Chapter 8: Marriage.

DAN POV.

I was feeling pretty uneasy about dinner tonight. As much as I didn't want to think badly of Angela, Lia's words were getting to me a bit. It started off when Lia mentioned that Angela was incredibly rude to her when she called the radio station when I had that panic attack. Even though I denied handing Angela the phone, I wasn't so sure anymore. Angela's voice was pretty distinct- she was an American surrounded by British. 

Next, the phone call yesterday. The first thing she asked was more of an accusation. 

"So you're with her, again? But what about what we were talking about the other week?"

The other week. Before I had broken up with Lia. I rolled around on my hallway floor, remembering our conversation at the radio.

What's it like, to know you probably won't have any real kids of your own with Lia, Dan? I couldn't deal with knowing that my future didn't have kids. At least I have the option with Christian. 

I remember making a monotone comment about my brother continuing on the gene line, but Angela's words haunted my mind. It still does, in a way. 

No real kids of my own. Ever. 

I felt my heart do a jump as I heard a giggle coming from above me, and I opened my eyes to see Lia looking down at me. 

"That time of the month?" She joked, and I smiled at her and she dropped down on her knees and lied down next to me. 

This is what I loved. 

"So, care to tell me what's wrong?" Lia smiled up at me, and I shook my head.

"Nothing. I just thought 'Hey Dan, you haven't said hi to the hallway carpet in a while', so here I am." I joked sarcastically, and Lia sighed, pulling out her phone and clicking on Instagram. 

"Did you know there's now a video feature?" She asked, and I raised an eyebrow. 

"Seriously? Wow." She lifted the phone up and I could see what she was doing.

"Our first instavideo from the joys of our hallway floor." Lia smirked and I cracked a grin at her. She then tweeted the video out and I sighed. 

"That's all the social interaction I'm doing for today." I murmured, and Lia laughed. 

"You didn't even say anything. Plus there's dinner tonight, too."

"Hmm...I guess." My mind went back to thinking over what Angela said to me.

"Dan...can I ask you something?" Lia mumbled, and I nodded. "Do you think we'll ever get married?"

I cleared my throat, then grinned at her. "Of course we will." I paused for a second. "What do you imagine it to be like?"

Lia giggled. "Well, I remember at Phil and Jess's wedding...you in a suit was...hot." 

"Okay, so there's me, at the end of the aisle...in a suit, looking hot." I chuckled as I quoted her. "Do I have hobbit hair or straightened?"

"Straightened." Lia smiled, kissing my cheek. "There would be a lot of dimple action, too."

I laughed loudly. "Dimple action. Okay. What next."

Lia sighed. "Phil and Jess's baby would be the ring bearer. She'd be wearing a cute dress."

"How old is their baby in your mind?"

"Well, I don't know. When do you plan on proposing to me? Do we want a Spring, Summer, Autumn or Winter wedding? Who the heck knows!" Lia crossed her legs on the ground and I sat up, leaning against the wall of the hallway.

"I should be talking to Phil or Jess about this, but would you hate me if I asked you seriously about something?"

"Shoot." Lia smiled, taking my hand.

"If I were to propose...hypothetically, of course. If I did...would, would you like to choose the ring?"

"I thought you already had a ring?" Lia smiled at me, and I shook my head.

"I lost it."

"Well, tell you what. Next time we're shopping we'll look. I won't look at the price tag, just hypothetically telling you which ring I imagined in my mind." She winked and I grinned at her, pulling her to me to kiss her deeply. I grinned at her happily before opening my mouth to speak.

"I love you."

Ooooohh

New chapter at 635 subscribers, so susbcribe? :D www.youtube.com/mszoeishere