Chapter 19: Romantic Surprises.

LIA POV

Dan didn't come to bed that night. When I woke up the next morning, I found him draped along our sofa, curled up in a ball. His hair was a mess on his head, and his arms were wrapped around a teddy bear. I pouted at him, looking away as I grabbed my bag. I wouldn't bow down to his cuteness. I won't.

I heard him stir, so I rushed out of the house, shutting the door quietly behind me.

DAN POV

I didn't want to sleep in the same bed as Lia that night. I couldn't hold her knowing what I did, and knowing that she was mad at me. It's never the same. I've slept in the same bed as her when we weren't together, or when she's been mad at me before, so I know very well that sleeping on the couch is a better feeling than that. At least I can spend one night in the bliss that everything between us was just fine.

When I woke up, Lia wasn't home, so I took that opportunity to do something utterly romantic, so much that Lia would go all soft with me. That's the way it worked between us two. One of us would screw up and the other would get upset, which would call for having to woo them back with cuteness and cuddles. It's worked well so far.

First was to do the washing. Lia always complained how I never did my part around here, that she didn't want to end up some housewife who did all the cooking and cleaning, so I grabbed our hamper and headed to the kitchen and began piling all the clothes in, switching it on. I smirked at myself, proud of my ability to be the house husband for once. 

Next was the food. I had a chicken in the fridge, so set that in the oven, but then realising I didn't have enough vegetables for two, I dashed out of the house, grabbing my wallet. I wasn't sure when Lia would be home but I hoped she wouldn't be home until I got back at least. 

As I began walking to the shops I began to smile at the idea of Lia coming home to see such a nice surprise.

LIA POV

As I headed back with two Starbucks coffees, I frowned to myself. I hadn't been gone long, but I was eager to know what Dan will do next. Maybe he'll be different than yesterday. Maybe he'll do something sweet to make me forgive him like usual. I smiled to myself, hoping he would and we could fix things between us. Starbucks was my peace offering.

As soon as I got home, I wish I hadn't, as the smile from my face fell and a look of shock was plastered on my face.

I let out a sigh of disgust as I lifted my foot up from the carpet, which was soaked with soapy water. The fire alarm was beeping, so I rushed upstairs to see black smoke escaping the oven. I slipped slightly as I ran to open the windows and I turned the oven off, coughing and covering my mouth with my shirt. 

"Oh my God." I gasped as I shut the washing machine as water was pouring out of it, switching it off. I opened the oven, holding the tray carefully with my oven gloves as I put the burnt chicken next to the window, and I growled at the state of our place. 

"Dan!" I yelled loudly, looking in our bedroom, his office, the bathroom. But he wasn't there. The silence rang in my ears as the fire alarm turned off, and I looked at the mess in front of me. 

I looked at the mop that was leaning in the open cupboard. I shook my head at it before turning away. I went to my bedroom, grabbing a small suitcase, grabbing a couple clothes, my purse and a few more valuables. My finger initially hovered over Jack's number, but then I pressed the lock button, grabbed my suitcase and rolled it down the stairs, I heard a door shut downstairs, and I bit my lip as I heard a cussing coming from my boyfriend.

"Shit! Lia?" I heard running as Dan dash up the stairs, and he gave me a wide eyed look "W-w-what are you doing?"

"Obviously you've fucked up." I looked down to the shopping bag in his hands. "I'm not cleaning it up. I'm staying elsewhere for now."

"So you're basically moving out." Dan stated, running a hand through his hair. "Is this because of the other night?"

"Dan! Look around you. You almost caused a fire in the kitchen, the whole second floor and bottom floor is flooded. Do you expect me to wear my wellies for the next few weeks?"

A hint of confusion crossed Dan's face. "So you're staying where?"

I shrugged. "I'll find somewhere. But I think it's good to get some time apart from you for now. I need to think some things through." I smiled to myself. "But we'll be okay."

Dan smiled slightly, nodding. "Okay. Yeah. I think I need it too. The sofa was a bit...uncomfortable."

I slipped past him with my suitcase. "Call me when the carpet is dry. Love you."

Dan grinned widely at me. "I love you."

DID YOU HAVE A MERRY CHRISTMAS?? :D Tell me what goodies you got in the comments!? :D I got some perfume, body shop smelly body butter, some stuff from ELF and some other stuff too ^_^ yayayayyaa <3 New Years soon! Hope you have a good one! :D What's your new year's resolution?

New chapter at 715 subscribers, so subscribe? :D www.youtube.com/mszoeishere