Chapter 27: Lunch with Jack

After a quick stop to Liam's place to tell him the news, next was Jack. Liam had known Dan was going to ask me, and he's never been the emotional type, so the best I got was a hug. Jack was someone I knew would be happy for me too, but we hadn't spoken since the whole Finn thing, so I never had that catch up with him. I was extremely nervous.

As soon as Jack saw me, a smile lit up on his face and he pulled me into a hug, squeezing me tightly. 

 "Lia! Wow you're tan!" Jack grinned, pulling me a chair so I could sit down. He sat down opposite me and took my hand squeezing. Instantly I saw his eyes change expression, feeling the rock on my finger. He took my hand, opening it up so he could see it better.

"Guess what...?" I tried to speak, confused by his expression. Jack always said he would be happy for me, what is he thinking right now?

"Lia....you're engaged?" Jack whispered, and I nodded, pulling my hand slightly so he would let go a little. His hand smoothly loosened and his face became more composed, turning into a small smile.

"I'm happy for you, Lia. I'm so glad you're happy."

"I am." I sighed, fiddling with the ring on my finger. I sighed again. "I...is it weird that I don't feel that newly-engaged high? I've known it was going to happen for so long, it feels like a cheap trinket that holds no value."

A frown formed on Jack's face. "What are you trying to say? Are you not happy with Dan?"

"Yeah, of course I am. I just reckon I need to appreciate Dan a bit more for being there for me, rather than just my boyfriend." 

Jack smirked. "That makes no sense. Are you going to appreciate me a little bit more too?"

"Of course." I smiled, but then the smile slipped from my lips. "Is he doing okay?"

"By he I assume you meant Finn." Jack wore a false smile on his face. "He's great. All better. He's patched things up with his girl and he's also...getting help."

The smile plastered on his face was too genuine to be genuine. I narrowed my eyes at him.

"Are you sure that's right?"

Jack nodded. "Yup."

"Jack you're lying."

Jack lifted his hand up in the air. "Lia, I'm having family issues right now. To be honest, I'm trying to make sure Finn doesn't do it again, okay? I'm sorry if I'm being rude but my brother means everything to me and we still don't know why he did it. He hasn't told us and I don't want him dying on me, alright? If you are the reason for that then I'm going to do my damn best to make sure he stays away from you."

I felt my eyes well up. I hadn't even ordered and I was seeing a side of Jack that quite frankly I didn't like. This Jack was protective, more protective than I've ever seen him, and it's because Finn's life was at risk. Jack shook his head, knowing he shouldn't have said what he did but unwilling to apologise.

What did he expect me to do? 

I stood up, looking away as I left, tears slipping down my face. I didn't stop walking until I was sure I was out of his sight, then I took a deep breath.

Stop crying. 

You're attracting attention.

I wiped the tears from my face and tried to stop my chest shaking everytime I breathed. 

After a few moments I felt myself relax, and part of me vowed to treat situations differently. I wasn't sure how yet, but I reconsidered how much I was willing to be friends with Jack and Finn. 

As soon as I got home, I found myself in Dan's arms.

"Do you think we'll stay in London forever?" I mumbled, squeezing Dan tightly. Dan rubbed my arm affectionately.

"I think....the way things are looking, yeah. It's close to family, friends, the radio station...why?"

"I wondered if we'd ever move...if we ever settled down."

"Settling? Babe I wouldn't say we were settling." Dan laughing made his chest rumble against my face. I smiled. "I wouldn't say no. I love America, but I think I'd miss London too much."

"Me too." I mumbled, unsure.

I just wanted to thank you guys so much for sticking around! :D The first of this book has almost reached 900000 reads which is AMAZING and this one has almost reached 150000 reads :O so. freaking. many. of. you <3 I cannot thank you enough and if I could, all of you would get like a huge hug from me xD 

I've been working loads on two new fanfictions, which I'd love if you all checked it out. I never thought I'd ever write a One Direction fanfiction, but I have, as well as a 5SOS fanfiction xD I want to blame all you amazing writers out there- I've read soooo many youtuber fanfiction, 5SOS fanfiction and One Direction fanfiction to the point where I want to write some myself xD I will still write this one- the next chapter will come very soon! 

So check out The Other Styles Sister (One Direction) and Secret Agent (5SOS) <3 <3 <3 

New chapter for this book will be up when I hit 910 subscribers on my youtube channel? www.youtube.com/mszoeishere

Tweet/follow me if you like @zoeishere :D 

And don't forget to follow me on wattpad too if you want to keep updated on when I update on here! (I'm constantly online writing on here haha)

MUCH LOVE XOX