Chapter 6: Find Your Inner Rainbow

"Dan, for God's sake, get this one too." Lia argued, holding up a colourful shirt at me.

"But people will hate it." I pouted at my girlfriend, which caused her to roll her eyes. "This one is much more me." I held up a dark shirt.

"You didn't care about what people thought about the leather shirt." Lia bit her lip. "I think it looked good on you..."

"You also prefer me naked, I can't trust your judgment." I shook my head, smirking as a grin formed on her face. "Shut up."

"I didn't say anything." She giggled, before handing me the shirt. "Here. Buy it and I'll buy something you want me to wear." She said it so casually, it took me a second to realize she meant underwear. I shook my head, chuckling. 

"Fine." I murmured, "Or you could just never wear anything again." I gave her a look, and she raised an eyebrow. 

"Who says I was wearing anything in the first place?" She laughed loudly as I groaned in response.

"You're too hot for your own good, babe. Let's get to the checkout, I need to get some other stuff too." I took her hand and pulled her out of the store, heading into China town to find some bubble tea. Lia shook her head when I offered to get her one, and we wandered around China town while I enjoyed my bubble tea. 

"Finn tried to call me today." Lia made conversation, and I felt my hand tighten around hers in response. 

"Really." I muttered, shaking my head. "What did he say?"

"I ignored him." She replied, stealing my drink to have a quick sip, and I smirked at her.

"Thought you didn't want any." I stated, then looked at our conjoined hands. "What are you going to do about him?"

"I don't know, what do you think?"

"I say you tell him to fuck off." I muttered, rolling my eyes at her. "But you wouldn't do that, would you? He's your friend." I emphasized the word 'friend' scoffing slightly. 

"Yeah, he is. Was. I don't know what he wants to be anymore. How can you be a friend to him when he wants to ruin the only thing that makes me happy?"

"How romantic." I chuckled at her, and she smiled up at me, before worry filled her face again.

"I just...I'm not looking forward to talking to him. I didn't realise how much he cared about me."

"Caring? He doesn't care about you. If he did he wouldn't want to split us up, would he?"

"I guess not..."

"I mean, you wouldn't listen to him, right?" My mind began flashing through the small things that I loved about her, the way my hand felt in hers. Like I was going to lose her. She shook her head.

"Babe, chill. Smile a little." Lia stopped walking, and I turned around to look at her. She looked up at me, blinking widely at me with a smile on her face. "You're so cute when you worry about us."

I felt my face relax, and I smiled at her. "Sorry."

She leaned closer, going on her tip toes, and our lips almost touched, until I heard a frantic scream of my name, making her look around for the wild fan. It was a young girl with blonde hair, and she beamed up at us and opened her mouth to speak.

"I love your videos. I can't believe I'm meeting you for real!" She screeched, and I opened my arms for a hug, which she gladly accepted. 

"It's nice to meet you." I chuckled, smirking as the girl went back to her very confused mother. I looked back at Lia, who was grinning at me, sipping on my bubble tea in delight. 

"Can we get some more stuff now?" Lia went on to her tiptoes to kiss me and we then headed for the underground. 

As we were walking, I couldn't help but let my mind wander to the more expensive thing I was thinking of purchasing. I looked down at our conjoined hands, and I smiled at the idea of a ring on her fourth finger. Lia looked up at me with wide innocent eyes, and offered me the last bit of the drink. I took it gratefully, and wondered if she would want me to do it spontaneously, without a ring, then let her choose it, or whether she'd want something more romantic. 

"Do you fancy going out to dinner tonight?" Lia grinned up at me. "I'm thinking Italian tonight."

"Sounds good." I smiled. Romantic. Definitely. 

I was thinking about using the ring I originally got for her but I couldn't find it, as well as the fact that we've been through so much since I last got that ring, that I wanted to start fresh.

I was on the hunt for the perfect ring though. To plan the perfect date, the perfect moment to propose to her. Now that I had her back, I wasn't going to let her go.

Thanks for reading everyone! I'm back home for the weekend to see Disney on Ice, which means I'll be getting Minnie Mouse ears if I can! ^_^ new chapter at 625 subscribers, so subscribe? :D www.youtube.com/mszoeishere