Chapter 37:

Helen POV OH SHIIIIIZ

My plan was almost ready to go into the works now. Of course I knew my daughter would be really stubborn, but I was pretty sure I could find many ways for her to leave Dan.

I just had to have patience.

Lia POV

I hummed to myself as Dan groaned at me from the kitchen table. I was about to do some washing, yet Dan was being a distraction as last night's Dan vs Phil challenge didn't go well in his favour.

@Danisnotonfire: So last night was interesting as I was nearly decapitated by Phil live on the radio. This is why I don't do any forms of physical activity.

When Dan got home last night, he was covered in paint and apparently it was my job to wash all his newly purple and blue clothes, because I was the 'best future wife ever'...I don't know. But I figured I may as well wash everything today and then not have to look at the washing for a few more weeks.

After the first wash, I grinned at Dan. "See, brand new and black as usual." I held up the soaking shirt, as Dan stood up and grinned at me.

"Thanks, babe. I gotta go for about an hour, but I'll cook us something tonight, alright?"

I shut my eyes quickly as he ducked in for a small peck. "Okay, love you."

"Love you." Dan chuckled, giving me a squeeze and heading out of the door. I sighed, finishing the first wash and then shoving the rest of the clothes in the washing machine for the last wash. I frowned to myself as I recovered a small black stuffed toy out of Dan's jacket.

"Strange man-child." I mumbled as I stuffed my hand in the other pocket to make sure nothing important was ruined in the wash. I found a small bag, pulling it out. I froze, unsure with what I was looking at, but inside I knew what it was.

A plastic bag full of white powder. 

I was pretty sure it wasn't sweetener or sugar. 

I grabbed the bag and stood up, taking a deep breath. Sure, Dan was a celebrity who could afford something like this...but would he?

I didn't think Dan would be that guy. 

I bit my lip. I should hear his side of the story, right? 

I dropped the bag on the table and put the other clothes in the washing machine. 

The hour past and my brain began to be more riddled with questions. Should I call Jess? Phil? Phil was always with Dan when I wasn't, so maybe Phil would shed some light to the situation.

Phil would probably think it was a bag of sugar, so maybe not. 

I pulled out my phone and gave Jack a call, hoping he wasn't too busy.

"Hey, is everything okay?" Jack's cheerful voice made me smile, before the smile slipped off my face from what I was about to ask him.

"Jack..." My voice broke slightly. "I...I found drugs in Dan's jacket."

Jack gasped slightly. "Are you sure? It's not just a bag of sugar or anything?"

I shrugged. "I don't want to check."

Within half an hour, Jack was sitting at the kitchen bar, holding the small bag in his hands. His eyes were huge, as he looked it over. 

"Fuck, Lia. I didn't think Dan was capable of this."

I bit my lip. "He's not. I swear he's not."

"But how else would there be drugs in his jacket, Lia? I know you love the guy and everything...but that doesn't make him a good person."