Chapter 11: Dealing with you.

LIA POV.

I didn't know what will happen by the end of the day, but my stomach was in knots. I had to deal with Finn today. I didn't know what I was going to say to him or how he will react, but I knew for certain that Finn had to see that we were just friends- nothing more.

Neither twin knew I was coming, but I should have probably told at least Jack, because when I knocked on their door, nobody was there. I sighed, turning around, and froze as I saw a car pull up onto the drive. I let out a deep breath as I saw Emmy climb out of the car, and their mother coming out of the front seat.

"Lia! How have you been?" Rebecca smiled at me. "You haven't visited in a while!"

"I'm doing good, thanks, Mrs. Frayn." I smiled back at her, and Rebecca laughed.

"How many times have I told you- call me Rebecca." She shut the car door and walked over to me. "Jack and Finn are working on a project with their friend- you're welcome to come in if you like though."

"Um..okay. Thanks." I nodded, and followed Emmy and Rebecca into their house. It had been a few weeks since I last came here. 

"How are you?" Rebecca began making a hot drink for me and Emmy went upstairs, so I sat down at the breakfast bar. 

"Er...I'm doing okay I guess." I mumbled, and she gave me a look.

"I've caught on to what's been happening, sweetie. Finn's never looked so glum, and I don't think its to do with his breakup from his girlfriend."

"That's what I came here for, actually." I sighed. "I don't know what to do."

"Well as much as I wouldn't oppose for you to be a future daughter in law, you should tell Finn straight on how you feel." She passed me the steaming hot mug, and I blew on the surface of the drink to cool it. 

"What if I don't know what I feel?" I whispered, and Rebecca sighed. 

"You're back with your boyfriend, aren't you?"

I nodded, pulling a face. "He...he's going to propose. I can't...I feel like I would cause more harm than happiness by marrying him."

Rebecca chuckled, then the smile left her lips. "Finn's going to be devastated."

"Finn's tried to break us up. Which I don't know is an act of selfishness or love."

"Well I know my Finn, and he's not usually like this. I think he cares about you much more than you think."

"That doesn't help." I groaned. "I care about him, I really do. I do like him, but my heart is with Dan. It always will be, as long as Dan wants it."

"I can't tell you what to do, but you're a sweet girl, I'm sure things will work out for you."

"What if they don't?" I bit my lip. "Finn thinks Jack likes me too and I don't want to create a wedge between them. Never mind hurt Finn more than I have already."

"Talk through it with Jack and Finn. You know it's the only way to sort things out." 

As if they heard their mother's call, I jumped as I heard the door slam shut, and a voice called out into the silence. 

"Mom? Em?" I buried myself into my drink, hoping a hole would swallow me up into the ground as a voice got closer. "Mo- Lia? What are you doing here?" I looked up and sighed slightly when I saw Jack's worried face appear. 

"We were just having a chat." Rebecca stated, and I gulped, losing my appetite. 

"Lia, is everything alright? Everything alright with you and Dan?"

"Yeah, perfect." I muttered, and Jack smiled tightly at me. 

"Come on, let's go to my room. We can talk or watch a movie or something. Finn is out with Will still editing."

"Okay." I murmured, smiling politely at Rebecca as I followed Jack up the stairs. I crawled onto his bed hiding underneath the sheets as Jack shut his door and climbed into the bed next to me, wrapping his arms around me as I tucked my head into his chest. 

"Finn's upset, isn't he?"

"A bit." Jack nodded stroking my arm affectionately. "Like I said, I get why he is."

"Dan's going to ask me to marry him. He hasn't yet, but he will."

"Mind reader, are you?" Jack chuckled, and I shook my head, smirking to myself. 

"He thought it would be nice for me to choose my own ring. We did it yesterday."

"Congratulations, I guess."

"Thanks."

"What are you going to tell Finn?"

"Should I tell him at all?"

"Of course you have to." Jack sighed. "Doesn't mean he'll like it, but that hope was gone long ago, wasn't it?"

We lay there, just talking and having a good laugh, as Jack tried to ease my nerves on what was soon to come. 

Later we put on a movie, and it wasn't until it was really late that I heard footsteps up the stairs, and I looked up at Jack, who shrugged at me. 

"Could just be Emmy." Jack guessed randomly, but then the door swung up, making us jump.

Finn jaw dropped open, but no sound came out. 

Guess it was now or never.

Hit 645 subscribers! New chapter at 650, so close! So subscribe? :D <3 www.youtube.com/mszoeishere