Chapter 23: Sleep

I sat in the chair, reading a book next to Finn's sleeping body. We were at the hospital, obviously.

Finn had his stomach pumped, and he's been here ever since, just sleeping. I was putting off telling my parents. What could I tell them? That Finn is weaker than we thought? That their son would rely on death to solve his issues? This wasn't okay. This was far from okay.

I sighed loudly. Finn, fucking wake up already!

I must have drifted off, cause the next minute I knew a doctor was shaking me awake.

Finn's condition had changed. He wasn't waking up. He'd slipped into a coma.

The first person I called was Louis. Louis Cole, before I began to pass out into my own coma from freaking out.

"Hello?" Louis asked, and I sighed loudly, kicking the wall outside the hospital.

"I'm in shit, man. In so much shit. Parent's away for a bit and Finn's landed himself in hospital in a coma. Fuck, man." I couldn't call Mom or Dad, they'd go mental. Mental was another word for hysterical, at least. 

"Are you serious? I'm on my way, Jack."

"Please." I sighed loudly. I was so lost without Finn right now. I needed him to tell me everything would be okay. But I couldn't, or he couldn't.

Within half an hour, Louis was opposite me in the cafe placed inside the hosital, with a camera by his side. He always did this daily vlog thing, and I knew he wouldn't tell anyone what has happened. He was one of my best mates.

"Sorry, man. Who knew Finn had it in him." Louis sighed. "I'll make sure I come down to see him everyday- see how he's doing."

"What should I do about my folks, Louis?" I groaned, running a hand through my hair. "I don't know when he'll wake up, and VidCon's soon. What is everyone going to think?"

"I think you need to tell your parents. It's the right thing to do, and if I were your folks I'd want to know now rather than later."

I pulled out my phone, frowning. This was one big call to make. Louis gave me a reassuring look, so I took a deep breath and called Mom.

"Hello?" My Mother's soothing voice filled my ears, and it felt as if my throat had closed up. I couldn't tell her. 

"Hey, Mom. Just wanted to see how you are." Louis looked up to me and shook his head quickly. 

"Tell her." He mouthed. 

"I'm with your father, we're on the motorway to the hotel now. It's nice to be able to relax a bit and forget about work. The hotel last night had the most delightful cheesecake, you would have loved it!"

I bit my lip, shaking my head. No, I couldn't tell her. 

"I'm so glad you're having a great time, how long are you gone?"

Louis looked helpless- he couldn't do anything to convince me now. 

"Just a week- we'll be back before we know it." She laughed, and I gulped. It felt like there was a massive weight on my shoulders. As soon as I hung up I shook my head at Louis.

"I can't do it to her. It'll break her heart to see Finn like this." I sighed, putting my hands to my face. "I'll just have to have Finn's back right now and figure something out."

"Have you told Lia or your sister?"

I shook my head. "I told Lia to stay away for a while so I can figure out why he did this. She's heartbroken, but she will have to understand. Emmy was at her friend's house last night, she doesn't know what happened but she's not going to find out either. She loves Finn."

"Well she is his sister, Jack. I don't think you realise what you're doing right now, it could hurt more than you realise if you keep this from them. You won't be helping Finn not telling anyone either. He needs his family and their support, and if he wakes up and nobody realises he needs help he might be back in that hospital bed a week later, a month, a year. It's not up to you to have this all on your shoulders." Louis put a hand on my shoulder in a soothing way, and I gulped, nodding.

"Should I call her again?"

Louis nodded.

I didn't want to do it, but I had to be a man about it. Mom and Dad needed to know. Maybe not Emmy, cause she's only a kid, but she's smart- she'll figure it out. I dialled Mom's number again.

"Jack, what is it now?" Mom laughed, and I paused for a second, thinking of what do say. "Jack? Is something wrong?"

"Yeah." I felt tears spring to my eyes. My throat closed up, and I tried to finish my sentence.

"What is it?" Mom's voice was more serious, and I let out a deep breath, trying to disconnect myself from the situation.

"Finn's landed himself in hospital. You need to get over here."

"Honey, turn the car around." She spoke to my father, then came back to me. "Jack, we're on our way."

Hey everyone! I have been SO busy lately with my uni stuff and I've had a few family things going on so incredibly sorry for not being as active as I used to on here! Here are a few life updates:

-I have filmed my first microshort

-currently writing my first full length film

-I uploaded a new youtube video yesterday! (go check it out?) :D

The microshort I filmed which I am so proud of may be uploaded onto my YouTube channel if I am allowed to (due to copyright potentially not letting me and all)

I think that personally my most recent video is my favourite so please please please give it a like <3 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OQcV1g2q5Aw

New chapter at 685 subscribers, so subscribe? :D www.youtube.com/mszoeishere