Foreword

(A/N): Hello everyone this is just an introduction to the story. If you have not read the description than this foreword will be very helpful in giving you information regarding the rest of the book/novel/fanfiction. I got the inspiration for writing this book by watching the Harry Potter movies again, and thinking to myself; what if after all this time Draco had someone with him while he was experiencing his time at Hogwarts? Someone to guide him, to comfort him, to admire him. I felt like he is a very unloved character in the books/movies and he is my favorite. Sorry that was Cheesy. So, I wanted to write this in favor of him. Additionally, none of Astoria's (the main character) actions or words will change Draco's decisions in the original story. She is only there to help explain why he made them, or how he may have felt about certain events. It will be a very similar story to the books and movies, but it has the intention to fill holes through a different character's POV. I have done a plethora of research so that I can attempt to be as accurate as possible to the original story.

The story will begin in Attie's first year at Hogwarts, Draco's 3rd year (He's 2 years older). In book terms, the story will begin during the Prisoner of Azkaban. It was never clarified which house Astoria was in, so my only assumption is that she joined her sister, Daphne, and is in Slytherin. Astoria is a pure blood, but her family is not as rich or famous as the Malfoys. However, they are in the Sacred 28. To give you a look at what you are about to read: the story will follow the first 5 years of their relationship and then will skip around their lives until they get married. Yes, this will be one giant book that has all of the schooling years piled (and more) together. I will give Authors note above each chapter if I missed any information or if I need to make an announcement (Which doesn't happen very often). The end of a year will be marked by bold text indicating the end. I don't know if anyone will read this, but I'll give it a shot. It's more for me personally. All rights to characters and plots go to JK Rowling obviously, but I will try my best to keep her attributes in the story. I don't claim originality to any of her characters or her story; it is wonderful and if you haven't read the original series... what are you doing? Anyways, I find this book to be my self-given job to elaborate on something I made up and give my best written shot on a possible true story. And yes, some of the things written in this book are cannon, but not everything...

In terms of the main character: Astoria Greengrass is not explicitly described in the books (Cursed Child included) so I encourage creating your own character. It has been hinted that she is blonde with blue eyes, however the movie casted her as brunette with brown eyes. But who trust the movies? Personally, when writing the novel, I imagined her a dark auburn hair with green eyes. Either way; imagine for yourself because since I don't know what she looks like I will not go into a ton of detail describing her personal appearance. I also won't specify details regarding the looks of many different things that she experiences. I assume that people reading this know what Hogwarts, Harry Potter, Draco Malfoy, etc, look like. The world has already been built for me and I don't feel as though I need to take the time in describing everything to the tiniest of detail. Fair enough? All said and done, please enjoy Astoria becoming friends and eventually more than friends with Draco Malfoy.