What Not To Do On Valentine's Day

I wasn't sure how Draco planned to get my wand back, but I assumed I was going to get it eventually. Things seemed to always work out for him, one way or another. The following week, after 'Burdesh' fainted, I visited him in the infirmary. Apparently, he was still breathing, but wasn't conscious. I sat by his bed; he looked calm as if he was having a good dream. For the moment I was proud I had saved him but soon became worried he wasn't really saved. I began to wonder if he would ever wake up.

The most terrifying part was that he hadn't woken up in 7 days, and all he did was choke. I laughed at myself when I proposed he ate a sleeping cursed apple, but then realized I didn't even know what kind of food he was eating when he choked. Madam Pomfrey conveniently walked in for me to ask more about the situation. I had assumed she did everything in her power to heal him, but there must have been something seriously wrong if he hadn't woken up yet.

"Is there any way he might have been poisoned? Like the draught of the living dead?" I asked casually. Madam Pomfrey paused for a moment. Perhaps she was concerned about my question, but I didn't care; I wanted to know.

"Poisoned? No... I don't believe so. Pansy told me he choked and passed out. And besides he is very much alive, the draught makes those whom are under its spell seem like they are dead," she replied.

"But he's been asleep for a week now," I pointed out as if she hadn't realized, but I could tell she had considered it before.

"Yes, sometimes that happens," she said laying a blanket over him.

"Have you used any potions on him yet? Like the Wiggenweld Potion?" I asked hopefully.

"Yes, a few, none of them have done anything, but I'm sure it wasn't poison. He'll wake up soon. We hope... If not, if it pleases you, I'll look for other ways to wake him up. I still haven't received any medical records from his family hospital, so there could be something I'm not considering. In that case, we still have a few options..." she suggested.

"Do you think it could have been my fault?" I asked staring at him.

"Your fault? Aren't you a friend of his?" She asked. She was probably not told what really happened.

"No, not a friend..." I said and left the conversation there. I stood up from his bed side, nodded to her, and began to walk out.

"Come back soon then!" She called and went back to work, but I didn't listen much. An idea had just struck me; I soon wanted to turn it into an action.

"Malfoy," I articulated as I swiftly walked into the common room. I didn't even need to think if he was there. I saw him when I went left to go to the Infirmary and by the way he was sitting I could tell he wouldn't have moved even if there was a fire. I nodded my head to the side to beckon him to come over. He was talking with his friends and looked over when I called his name. His eyebrows furrowed and mouthed the word: 'What?' I mouthed back to him;

"I have a theory," He was still confused, "Just... come... over here," I uttered waving my hand. He understood and turned back to his friends. His position on the couch had changed and I guessed perhaps fire would have moved him quite quicker now. I assumed he told them he would be back in just a second when he walked towards me looking around spastically.

"What's up?" He began, concerned. I folded my arms to indicate I was frustrated.

"I think what happened with Burdesh was a set up," I confessed.

"A set up? How do you mean?" He asked. I popped my hip.

"I mean, someone wanted me to use magic in the common room," I explained.