Should?

January and February flew by. Most people kept to themselves, and everyone seemed to be quiet. There would be obvious things happening outside the castle, but we were informed to look away. The Carrows classes became more tedious, but less surprising. Even if they wanted to, they couldn't kill a student. No one wanted to get tortured, but everyone knew at that point that there wasn't an alternative. There were some obvious people that continued to rebel instead of accept the new sick reality; they weren't met with much support.

The biggest case of these events happened in March. For some reason, our Care of Magical Creatures, Professor Rubeus Hagrid; probable friend of Harry Potter, decided to host a Support Harry Potter Party. Honestly... one of the stupidest things I think I had ever heard of. Sure, I knew that the groundskeeper waned to support his friend in the rising war between two sides, but to do it under the reign of the supporters of the opposing side is possibly the most daft thing anyone could think of. He of course, was supposed to be arrested, but managed to get away. It did not please many people at all. But mainly it was clear sign that there were many people still supporting whatever Potter was doing, and it could easily be concluded that he was doing something, considering nothing had been reported about finding him. Needless to say, the class; Care of Magical Creatures, was put on a hold, and probably wasn't going to be filled any time soon. The Carrows hated everything that wasn't destructive; in both senses, physically and emotionally.

I guess the attempt of Hagrid's arrest got me thinking about the whole situation. For the previous two months, I had almost forgotten what was happening outside. I was ignoring it. Lacey helped of course, she was oblivious as I was, but certainly not as much Aspect and Piper. Sometimes I wondered if they lived under a pureblood rock.

I continued with life, attempting to make it normal. Attempting to convince myself that studying hard for the O.W.L.s was worthwhile, and I did have a future that included me continuing my education at Hogwarts. In my dreams, I didn't include the Carrows, and there were no problems between Malfoy and I, but of course my dreams weren't my reality.

If you are waiting for this story to get more interesting, you have come to the right part.

Buckle up because I'm about to tell you the most exciting, dreadful, wonderful experience of my life. And it all started on April 11th, 1998. A Saturday... well... maybe not that exact day, but what I'm trying to say that it all started on my 5th year Easter Holiday.

Personally, I did nothing. My Easter holiday was very similar to my Winter one. I kept to myself, but this time I didn't have Lacey to fall back on. Since she didn't go home for Winter Holidays her family forced her to come back on the Spring one. I didn't blame them, it had been a long time since they saw their child, and it had been a long time since Lacey had had contact with her parents. I sometimes contemplated what I was to do with my life after school assuming I got to keep it. My 5th year was supposed to be when I would plan all that stuff, but my meeting with Slughorn before break didn't quite go to plan. I had no idea what I wanted to do, and not much motivation to figure it out. I think I mainly decided that I would wait out whatever was happening at school; where I could look to the future and not be afraid of it...

But the most important thing to happen was when Malfoy went home. It wasn't a weird concept by any means; he had done it before, but if you know the story you'll know just how important it was.

I sat in the Great Hall poking at my food. I had lost my appetite; mostly because I spent the past week not eating that much anyways.

"You okay?" Lacey asked and I almost jumped. It hadn't been too long without her, but her presence was something I had to get used to.