Affects

More rules began to be enacted and the Carrow decrees were beginning to catch up to the height of Umbridge's rule. Some people were even beginning to be accused of mutiny. Someone told me that Ginny Weasley; supposed girlfriend of Harry Potter, was banned from going to Hogsmede because of it. I didn't blame the Carrows for doing that to her; if I knew someone was in a close relationship with someone I needed to catch I would put that person on lock down. But I think because they did it showed their bias even more. Similar to the year of Umbridge, the Carrows banned the gatherings of three or more students and any unofficial student societies. Of course, I never was afraid of being caught in those situations because I was never affiliated with many clubs, but I could definitely feel the fear from others. Some weren't worried at all and actually joked about the situation.

"You've seen the new decree?" Lacey asked walking into our room. I looked up from the book that I was reading.

"The one about the clubs, yeah, it's not new, is it?" I answered pausing my reading..

"It was put up yesterday, so yes I guess it's new," she argued taking off a part of her robe.

"Well, I mean, like; it's not something we haven't seen before; Umbridge did something very similar two years ago, right?" I clarified hoping it wasn't something like... we couldn't even hang out with friends during lunch.

"No, yeah, I had to close down my pyromaniac club," she said seriously. I paid full attention to her; looking up from my book.

"Your pyromaniac club?" I asked in disbelief.

"Yeah; for people who liked fire. We cast fire spells and stuff," she continued; folding her robe and setting it on the bed, "blow stuff up sometimes."

"You're totally lying!" I exclaimed, "there was no way that was authorized!"

"No I'm not," she said smiling, "it was a thing! I loved it, but now I can't do it anymore!" she argued.

"I can tell you are lying," I stated after hearing her tone of voice. She smiled at me and I knew I was right, "it's a shame though," I said.

"What? You would want to join something like that, wouldn't you?" she joked.

"No, I won't be able to open my Dementor wrangling club... those pesky things are flooding the school grounds and they need to know their place," I clowned. She smirked at me.

"You're right though. Even if that could never be a club... the dementors are a problem," she said turning serious, but she wasn't wrong to do so.

"I know! I'm afraid of them... well everyone is... but I'm afraid to go outside or really do anything at all! I mean why are they even here?" I asked, but immediately afterwards I figured out why.

"Why wouldn't they be here...? Seems like the more sane question to ask," Lacey said sarcastically.

"The Rebellion most likely," I said softly. She turned towards me.

"What rebellion?" she questioned, and I was surprised she didn't know.

"Ginny Weasley, Neville Longbottom, even Luna Lovegood? I mean, come on, it's pretty obvious that something is going on with them... or even if you don't see it physically; anyone could guess that there's something up with them... I mean, I'm not in their classes, but don't you hear the whispers...? I know for a fact the Carrows hate them, and are watching their every step... they've gotten tons of detentions, I'm sure of it..." I said trailing off; not sure where I was going with my point.

"You aren't doing anything with them, are you?" she asked with concern. I furiously shook my head.

"No... it's just what I've heard," I concluded, and got up from my bed, "well, I need to go down a study hole; we have that paper due in Potions, and other things of course," I stated and collected my stuff. I didn't know how much longer I wanted to talk about the rebellion given my recent conversation with Malfoy.