Telling

(A/N: Now I will take the time to tell you everything that happened after the Battle of Hogwarts. Since the original story telling basically ended there and skipped forward 19 years it's a little hard to say exactly what happened, so if I get a little off-canon I'm sorry, but I'm just taking my best guest. Also, I know that I will probably skip many years and jump around a lot. I'm going to hit the big points, and not really dwell on them too much; mainly because I have been writing for a very long time now and I am getting very tired. I love this book and the effort I have put into it, but I think I need to end it pretty soon. Notice: the 'after years' include Draco roughly explaining his feelings and such for Astoria, which only happens shortly after the battle, but I didn't want to include that in the 5th year side because I think it would through off the ending of the story, so just keep that in mind. And if you really want to know in detail of what happened to Draco all 7 years feel free to read JK Rowling's books and the Pottermore page because it's not my job to tell you exactly what happened word for word if it's already been said; which is kind of what this book is, but different haha. Another note: most of what happens next is based off the Cursed Child, which is the best I got to look at Draco's and Astoria's relationship, so if it sounds kind of fanfiction-y then don't be alarmed because the Cursed Child sounded very fanfiction-y. Idk, plz enjoy. OH! And if you just wanted to stop at the end of the 5th year, please keep reading, because if you don't fully know Astoria's story then the end will be a pretty big twist for you! SPOILERS!)

After Years Begin

It surprisingly didn't take Malfoy very long to tell me everything that happened. I guess that it all happened so fast, and since his life was going to be permanently changed... he wanted to tie up all the loose ends. For the most part, everything I assumed was correct: he helped with the murder of Dumbledore, first being forced to commit the crime, then copping out of it because he was afraid... and because he didn't really want to kill anyone. He didn't want to die, and Voldemort told him he would kill him if he failed. Then, after the death of Dumbledore, and the rise of the Death Eaters, his Manor became the hide out for all the death eaters, and since he was one of them, he had to attend some of their meetings and basically know everything they were doing. All of that was way too much for him, and he didn't really want to be a part of it, but of course; he didn't really have any other options.

Before he was branded with the Dark Mark, the idea of it was everything he ever dreamed of, but once it became a reality, he quickly began to realize that it wasn't quite what he expected or even what he truly wanted. But, like I said, he didn't have a choice to leave... unless he wanted to die. So, he had to play along, and convince himself that everything he was doing was correct and worth it.

His main goals; first, to save himself, and second, to save his family, and to be honest; he did a pretty good job... regardless of other causalities.

The main reason he didn't have his wand after Easter Holiday was because during that time some snatchers thought that they had found Harry Potter and wanted to turn him in for a price... the attempt failed however, when the captives escaped and Harry stole Draco's wand from him. Draco told me that he knew it was Harry. His family called upon him to see if the snatchers were telling the truth when they were unsure about the boy with a swollen face was brought in. Draco could easily tell that it was a spell cast his face to distort it, but Draco lied, and told everyone that he didn't recognize him... he had no idea why he did that, but something was telling him not to say the truth... he didn't wish to tell his own family that they had indeed captured Harry Potter... And after everything they had been through? All the hate, and fighting? He didn't turn him in! I think it was because he didn't want to see the world he was currently living in become a reality for all. Or maybe he had a real heart down there... somewhere.