Two Options

I decided to room with a few other girls. Some I knew, others I didn't. One I had gotten to know very well: Lacey Endwick; my 'friend' from first year. In reality, Lacey didn't have enough friends to fill a whole dorm room, so I volunteered to be their final roommate and we made a group of four. I didn't mind, maybe I could share some sweets with her and actually be friends. I laughed to myself at the thought, then remember I left the house without letting my mother tell me... maybe the logic worked better if she didn't. Lacey was never officially mad at me for anything, so I thought maybe that year I could befriend her, or try to again... My biggest worry was that I would have to tell them why I sneaked out every so often; I knew they wouldn't accept lies.

With that in mind I told the girls I was going to bed early and was 'asleep' when they came back from socializing. Once I was sure they had fallen I snuck out; the first time was easy because they would not have been expecting me to. I felt like they pressumed I was a nerd, a loser, and a loner because I went to bed early, but boy were they wrong... and kind of right at the same time...

I almost skipped down the hallway that led to the common room; I was extremely excited to talk to him again. It had felt like forever since I had seen him last, seen him where he acted almost like a normal person. I got to the common room first and sat down on the comfy sofa cushions like it was the most exhilarating thing I had ever done. Boy, I did miss sitting there. I relaxed further into them and a smirk began to grow on my face. Draco was to come in at any moment, and he would definitely see me as relaxed as a puppy. I softly closed my eyes and waited for the moment. I thought of all the snarky things he could say...

But he never said anything.

I had waited far longer than I had ever remembered waiting. I sat up suddenly and almost debated if I should fetch him or not, but I soon realized he was never going to come. I couldn't think of a reason why, but the realization was quickly filling me. I wasn't immediately filled with anger when he didn't show, but my concern was rising quickly. I started to bet times; if he didn't come within in the next minute I would leave... the next 2 minutes... the next 30 seconds... All my counting was soon wasted.

I stood up from the sofa and walked around it. I thought he might be hiding; he wasn't. I began to slowly walk away and try the reverse psychology where when someone leaves the other person shows, but nothing happened; I was alone. I had given up on all hope that he would come that night. I tried to make excuses for him, and finally picked the one that said he had forgotten; other things were on his mind that night. I apparently, was not one of those things, but I didn't start to worry. I had told myself many times that summer that I trusted Draco no matter what he was doing; he always seemed to pull through. He usually completed all tasks that were assigned to him. I had no worry about the situation when I got back to my dorm. My best choice was to stay calm and not overreact. I was slightly disappointed but was sure an explanation would be given the following morning, and everything would work itself out. It usually seemed too.

The next morning, I woke up very groggy. I didn't think I waited that long for him, but apparently long enough for it to make it hard to get out of bed.

"Did you have to go to the bathroom late last night?" Lacey asked me as she arranged her books for the day. I turned to her, startled.

"Last night?" I asked confused.

"Yeah, I heard you come in. I don't know what time it was, but it was certainly after we had gone to bed," she said not paying much attention to my reaction.

"Oh... Yeah. I did, didn't I... I needed to go because I had gone to bed so early," I lied checking my own books to make sure I had all of them. I did...