STUFF, FRI JULY 22ND 2016

WHADDUP PEOPLE

I started watching this new K-Drama called "Playful Kiss"

I started watching this new K-Drama called "Playful Kiss". I didn't want to watch it at first because of the slightly immature title, but it was rated 5 stars on Netflix so I was like "eh ok".

I also finished this other K-Drama...forgot what it was called but it was about a rich CEO and a poor veterinarian falling in love.

And then of course I finished that J-Drama Good Morning Call a while ago.

And they're all so good and plot-twisty!

But I noticed one thing throughout all the dramas:

The main character (the girl), is always kawaii and looks pretty, but thinks that she's not pretty and has no chance with the main guy.

Also, the main girls are always really dumb (in school and in general) and overly-hopeful.

Like when the main guy does something, for example buys something like flowers from the store, the main girl is always like, "Ooh! Did you buy those for me? You were thinking of me when you bought it!"

And the main guy is like "Uhh no I bought these to make the house look better." or something like that.

Like in Playful Kiss, the main girl (named Hani) for some reason gets overwhelmed by her crush and the main guy (named Seungjo) at one point. And Hani lives with Seungjo's family because her house was destroyed by an earthquake. So because Hani was overwhelmed she wanted to roleplay as Seungjo's newlywed wife?? And she welcomed him home from school and cooked for him and fixed his tie? And Seungjo's like

So the main girl's always dumb, overly-hopeful, kawaii, assuming, unpopular, and her mood changes faster than the speed of light. And even though she's unpopular she has like 2-3 guys crushing on her and eventually the main guy has a crush on her too.

And the main guy is always super smart, organized, has a fan club, handsome, yet cold-hearted. And the main girl has to put up with his mean remarks and stand with him and soften his heart to make him like her.

And I mean, that's pretty typical for your cliche drama love rom-com TV show in Asian countries, but why?

I want to see one with a strong, funny, sarcastic lead girl for a change. That would be great.

I was at Six Flags yesterday with friends, and y'know how they have DC superhero and villain-themed rides there?

Well there's one DC ride called "Hall of Justice" or something like that. It's a simulator game with the cart that makes you feel like you're actually moving, but there's screens in front of you and stuff. And it also has interactive laser guns and stuff, kinda like the Buzz Lightyear ride as DisneyWorld. It includes the DC superheroes and villains in the storyline of the ride as well.