HIGH GUY ON THE DART

Hi guys!!

So this week my grandparents have been over. They're going to be here for Halloween (Monday) and leaving on Wednesday, I think.

So, today, my dad decided that we would drive out to Irving and take the DART (Dallas Area Rapid Transit, basically a subway system above ground or LRT) into Dallas and then go ride the trolley around Dallas and eat someplace.

So we ended up doing that, and it was fun! The DART was alright, and the trolleys were nice. We ate at Breadwinners (they're building one right where near I live and it'll be open soon!) and I had a really huge burger and I think I need to lose weight now.

Aw who am I kidding I always need to lose weight right now.

But that's another story for another time!

Anyways, we were making our way back to the DART station to go home and there was this tall, African American guy there. He was probably between the ages 19 and 24.

But that's normal, right? Well yeah, but one thing I noticed is that he rolled his eyes up in his head on purpose and was walking up to people in a conversation and just kinda stating that them with his eye whites??

So at first I thought, Aw okay, he's probably just scaring people for the Halloween spirit or something dumb like that.

But the whole time he was acting kinda erratic. It was weird.

And remember that this weird guy was wearing a skimpy, loose black tank top and silver basketball shorts. He didn't look rich or anything, but that's okay and not my problem.

So the DART finally arrives, and we get in. My grandma and I sat in the third row, and my mom and sister sat in the second row. My grandpa and dad are in the aisle across from us.

And then!

The weird guy sits in the first row in front of my mom and sister. No big deal, right?

Well, he continues to act erratic and weird. Like, he's rolling his eyes up into his head, has his fists clenching and unclenching, he's laying down on the two seats and getting back up, adjusting his position every second.

So my mom and my sister are like, gOTTA BLAST  and they move away from him and closer to us and my dad and grandpa.

Then, he stands up while the DART is moving and starts jiggling the locked door to where the driver is and is like "Open up!! Man why you playin with me. Open up." And the driver was a boss lady and didn't even get distracted by this weird guy.

So then, the weird guy goes back into the back parts of the DART and everyone in our car goes "whew, hopefully he left!"

nOpE

Less than a minute later, he comes back.

with a belt in his hand.

I kid you not, he had a black, thick belt in his hand! He folded it as if he were about to whip/hit something so to be honest I got kinda, not scared, but nervous, yknow?

Because that weird guy was wearing BASKETBALL SHORTS and entered the DART with nothing on him!! So WHERE DID HE GET THE BELT?? I STILL DON'T KNOW

So he was walking—no, stumbling—back into our car with a belt and a Mexican lady with poorly drawn-on eyebrows sitting behind us grunts and turns away from him.

So the weird guy asks my mom, "Do ya need a belt?" and giggles and my mom was like "um no go away."

So he goes up to my dad and giggles and is like, "do ya need a belt?" and my dad is like "no?"

lastly, he goes up to my grandpa and giggles and is like "do ya need a belt?" and because my grandpa has terrible hearing he doesn't even hear the weird guy.

So the weird guy goes into the corner of the DART and sits down and laughs, and he starts smacking the belt in his hand and acting even more erratic.

Luckily, a short white tourist guy entered the DART at the next stop and literally was like "boy, no" and legit, I kid you not, pushed the weird guy out of the DART doors.

So this weird, young guy was probably high on marijuana or cocaine or something, because he was weird as heck and creepy too.

But it's sad, because literally he's gotten to a point where he's high on drugs and gotten on a freaking DART and stuff. And he was only like 19-24, so he's so young and just throwing his life away.

:(

I hope he works it out in his future!

But yeah, that was my first time (of probably many) seeing an actual person in real life high on drugs!!