THE FIRST DAY OF SCHOOL 2016

yEET

hiiiiiii guys

So we went to school in our uniforms today. On the first day!! Really, school?

We didn't go to any of our classes. Instead, we did "workshops" with these weird motivational speaker guys the entire day.

First, they had like, a mini dance party with the MYP? They played music and we danced and blah blah blah.

Then they told all of us to sit down.

Then these guys start making us clap and stomp to some rhythms?

Then, for the next hour and a half, they start speaking (kinda poetically as well) about their lives and how two of them were half Puerto-Rican and their family and their motivational band whatever.

One guy, while doing his poetic story, was doing backflips and a lot of lyrical movement.

But as they were doing that weird stuff, a painter and a cartoonist were painting pictures for our school. And they were really great artists!

Then after the poetic stuff was over, they made us write poetry!

They gave us journals and pens. For the first one, we had to title the page "I Am More Than Just A Student" and then write a bunch of what you were other than a student.

Ex :
I am smart.
I am a tennis player.
I am a food-eater.
I am a daughter.
I am Rick Harrison and this is my pawn shop.

Then we did this weird thing where we made little things? The first line would be the one-word topic, the second would be two words describing it, and then the last would be a sentence of your thoughts about it.

Ex:
School.
It started.
I have too many school supplies.

IT WAS WEIRD.

Then they took the eighth grade girls into a classroom (they being the teachers, not the motivational guys) and told us about our iPads, social media usage, required community service, dress code, stuff like that.

That was prettttty much it.

But we made friends with the only new girls in school, Ari and Payton! They were both super nice and awesome, so OUR SQUAD UPGRADE IS HEREEEEE :)

Gtg to bed soon, sooo byeeeeee~