Request - Valerie Tulle and Kai Parker "You are my best friend." (Fanfic)

Valerie had her hands around her cup of coffee and she stared at the clock on the wall. Time was passing fast. A little too fast to her liking and she sighed when the door of the shop opened, but a stranger walked in again. Her first class would start in forty-five minutes and she had already skipped a class yesterday. She was not going to do that again.

"Valerie!" Kai threw the door open and the glass of the windows was almost breaking. The shop owner didn't even look up anymore, since Kai was doing the exact same thing every time. He was probably hoping that one day he would actually break something.

"Kai. You're late." Valerie took another sip from her coffee and she watched how Kai grabbed one of the chairs opposing her. As usually he was not ordering anything and Valerie rolled her eyes.

"I know, I know. I'm sorry. I hit someone with my car. I almost got away with it, but then the police stopped me right before I could park here. Seems they've added a few more fines to my resume." He cocked his head and shrugged his shoulders, a smirk playing around his lips.

Valerie shook her head. "And, did you find out already how many points you've gained this time?" Of course she shouldn't encourage him to do things like this, but every time she tried to tell Kai not to do something, he ended up doing something even worse. Just like he had ended up actually killing people when she had tried to ignore him for a few weeks.

"Not even a scratch." Kai sounded a little disappointed and he took Valerie's cup to take a sip. "Seriously? You ordered the one type of coffee I don't like?" He gave the cup back and this time it was Valerie's turn to smile.

"I'm the one having classes in thirty minutes. I know you don't take all of this very seriously, but I do." She took a few big sips and licked her lips. Actually, she had not asked Kai to meet her here before class to talk about him not so accidentally hurting people and getting away with it. She had asked him to come here, because she had to tell him something and she was not sure how he was going to take it.

"Wait, I've got this!" Kai raised his eyebrows and pointed his fingers at Valerie. "You've been the one inviting me for a coffee date. You're sighing and licking your lips. Your hands are trembling." He narrowed his eyes for a moment and he frowned his forehead. "You're nervous. Is it because of a something or because of a someone?" Kai winked and Valerie felt how her cheeks started blushing.

"It's a someone." She bent her head and stared at the half empty cup in her hands. "Stefan and I...well..." Valerie hesitated and she felt her heart racing in her chest. She had no idea why she was this nervous. Kai was nothing but her best friend, but somehow she was stil afraid of what he would do with this information.

"Stefan? As in Stefan Salvatore?" Kai leaned back in his chair and a smile spread across your face. "Sounds like you're lucky I didn't gain any bonus points today."

"I'll use it as an excuse to kiss him then." Valerie was far from calm, but she shrugged her shoulders and acted as if she wasn't affected by his words at all. She didn't want him to get any more motivation to try it again.

"Well, sounds like I should ride him over more often so you can give him a lot of kisses." Kai stood up from his chair and he simply waved his hand. "I'm pretty sure you'd like that, right?"

"Right..." Valerie whispered while she watched how Kai walked to an empty chair next to a pretty brunette.