Request - Jon Snow "Losing everything"

He would be a great father.

Every time you dreamed about your unborn child, you saw it riding Jon's back, their hands firmly holding on to his dark black curls. Or you dream about the child peacefully asleep in his comforting arms, while Jon was singing a lullyby. You had never dreamed about you holding the child. Maybe because everyone kept on telling you that you would be a great mother, while no one seemed to think Jon would be a good father.

"(Y/N)..." A pair of strong hands grabbed your shoulders and the peaceful dream you were having was disturbed by the panic in his voice. "(Y/N)!" He screamed louder and his firm grip forced you to wake up, to open your eyes.

"Jon?" You shook your head and frowned your eyebrows.

His forehead was covered in sweat. His eyes were wide open and the skin around his nose was paler than you had ever seen it before. He swallowed a few times and then his eyes shifted to your stomach.

When you pushed yourself up you noticed that the white sheets were reddened by blood. With trembling hands you lifted them up and you noticed how your white gown was dirty too. While the world started twirling, you felt an aching pain in your stomach. You didn't need to ask what had happened, just like Jon had known it right away.

All those dreams you had been having about the happy kid on his father's shoulders. All those fantasies you had about the little girl sleeping in Jon's arms. They wouldn't come true. None of it would come true.

Tears rolled down your cheeks and a loud, endless, scream escaped your lips. All the air in your lungs forced it's way out and you felt the panic spreading through your veins. All your muscles tensed and the pain in your stomach was overshadowed by the pain in your heart and soul.

Jon didn't say anything. The look in his eyes spoke loud and clear, but he wrapped his arms around your shoulders and pressed you to his chest. His body was shaking and trembling, but he was rocking you back and forth. Once in a while his lips parted, as if he was looking for words and didn't manage to find them. Most of the time he used his lips to kiss your hair, your forehead, your cheeks, your nose.

It didn't help. Nothing would help. How could anything ease a pain like this?

You had lost the best thing that had ever happened to you. You had lost the life you had been carrying with you for months. You had lost what would have been you and Jon's happily ever after. You had lost the child that you had already loved more than you had even been able to imagine.

Jon pressed his forehead to yours and you saw the tears rolling down his cheeks too. The pain in your entire body grew stronger and stronger.

He would have been a great father.