Part 1: Ponyboys POV

As I walked up to 2 big, rectangular holes in the ground, I read the names Johnny Cade and Dallas Winston on stone graves above the holes. The weather was chilly and foggy to the point where I was able to see my breath when I exhaled. I picked up a shovel next to a big pile of dirt, took some dirt from the pile, and dropped it into one of the holes with Johnny's name next to it. I remembered his last words to me as I heard the light sound of the dirt hitting the polished, wooden coffin at the bottom of the pit. I took more soil and dropped it onto Dally's coffin as I remembered his face as he fell to the ground that night. I gave the shovel to Sodapop when he came toward me and I slowly walked back next to Darry. Tears filled Soda's eyes and one started trickling down his cheek. I started to tear up too. Darry put an arm around me and quietly whispered that it would be okay. I knew it would eventually be okay, but I had a thought in the back of my mind that things might not be okay. I felt like this wasn't where it ends, like Dally's and Johnny's death weren't the last. Like we might never live like we were living before. "Don't think that way", I thought to myself "Everything will be fine, we would all go home with The gang, Darry would cook dinner and we would all sit in the living room together like always". For the slightest second I believed myself, but then I saw Sodapop walking toward me. I saw the sadness in his eyes and I started to sob.