Part 9: Jesse's POV

We went back to Ponyboy's room. I had to tell him now, this is my one chance. I was so nervous, what would he think of me? "Ponyboy" it was suddenly hard to talk. "Yeah Jess?" He looked worried when he heard my voice like that. "I have to tell you something." "Anything" "before I tell you, remember you made a promise-" "to never leave you." He finished my sentence. "Ponyboy, don't tell anyone. I'm a murderer." His eyes grew wide.
Ponyboy's POV:
When I heard the name murderer, I remembered Johnny, I probably looked as sad as I felt because after Jesse saw me she said "do you hate me that much now?" She looked like she was gonna cry.
Jesse's POV:
Why did he look so sad? Was he afraid of me, did he hate me? Oh my gosh I feel so bad. "No no I don't hate you, I just, remembered something." She said, hugging me to comfort me. "My father, he killed my mother and I couldn't stand him, so I killed him, shot him in the head." I explained. "It's okay baby" he told me, still hugging me. I told him this already, I thought I should tell him one last part too. "My dads didn't get a job, and I didn't move in with him and my sister, I don't have a sister and I don't even have a house. My brother-" I choked on tears and he hugged me harder. "My brother, Dallas, I moved with him a while ago and we bought a house together here so the fuzz won't catch me." Ponyboy froze, still hugging me, I felt his heartbeat grow harder. "He died a few weeks ago, the fuzz killed him but he wanted to die, because his friend, Johnny, he was like a brother to us, he died a little earlier than Dallas did." And I started to sob. I couldn't help it, I just cried and cried. He pulled away. And there were tears in his eyes. "You're Dally's sister?" The tears were getting more and more. "Yeah, did you know him?" "Oh my- he was in our gang, so was Johnny. I watched both of them die." "You mean, you watched Dally?" He just nodded. "I was there too, he was running toward our house and I heard gunshots and I ran out and found him, I think I was you, I saw a group of boys huddling around him."