Part 19: Ponyboy's POV

The movies ended and Steve was driving Soda, Jesse, and me back home. Soda dropped us off by our house and drove to his. We got home and changed into our pajamas because it was about 11 at night by now. Jesse and I went to bed to sleep and soda and Darry were in the living room, I didn't hear the TV so they were probably reading or something. I looked down to Jesse and she looked worried, I knew what she was thinking of that worried her. "Jesse, don't worry, he can't do anything bad, I promise he won't." "I know but-" I cut her off "I love you Jesse, now let's sleep." I didn't want to finish this day with an argument about how we wouldn't be together because of Trent, whatever he does, I want to cherish the moments I do have with her, peacefully. She smiled "i love you too" and we fell asleep. The next morning, Jesse and I changed and had Sodapop's pink French toast and went back to my room "so Jesse, how are you" I asked so I could start a conversation "I'm doing better than yesterday, you?" "I'm doing great- " but then I got cut off by a harsh knock on the door. DUN DUN DUUNNN. (Sorry😂) I went to the door and looked through the peephole. And it was the *drumroll* THE FUZZ?! I was so afraid to open it but I had to, or else they would break in. Jesse walked into the room but I secretly gestured for her to go back without the fuzz seeing. "Hello sir, have you seen anyone with the name of Jasiah Winston?" I froze, but Darry came to the rescue. He looked at the picture of Jesse that the fuzz held in front of us and started talking. "No sir I'm sorry but I haven't seen anyone like that." He was fabulous at acting. But that didn't help because then the fuzz asked to look around, and they had a warrant too, lucky us. I was so scared, but they couldn't find Jesse, how though. The fuzz went back to the front door and before leaving said, "thank you for your time" but before leaving,I had to ask, just to make sure. "Sorry, but who sent you?" They looked at me and said exactly what I thought they were going to say "a kid with the name of Trent." And left. My heart dropped. He was trying to get Jesse into jail to divide us. Then Jesse jumped from the ceiling, smart, she was holding on the the ceiling like a spider. I guess you could say, she was inspidered by them. (Sorry for the bad pun) "oh god, you had me scared to death." I told her "I'm the wanted one here Pony" she said back, I guess she was right. We had to look out for her from now on, or she could be taken to jail.