Part 11: Jesse's POV

His soft, gentle lips pressed against mine made me feel like everything is okay, like I'm not alone anymore. He kept me going and he felt like family. We were interrupted when Steve said "okay guys, it was only supposed to be 60 seconds." But we stopped a few minutes after he said that. When we pulled away, both Two-bit and Steve gave us a weird look. "I think it's your turn Ponyboy." I told him.
Ponyboy's POV
Soda and Darry came in from work so we just stopped playing and the whole gang (or what's left of it) ate dinner together. "We have to tell them about what you told me" I whispered to her as I finished the last of my food. "ARE YOU KIDDING" she whisper yelled. "They can protect you." No they-" but I cut her off to tell the gang "guys, I have something really important to say but you can't tell anyone." Sodapops eyes brightened. "Oh my god he's gonna propose." "No I'm not dummy." "Pony, don't do this" Jesse said, but I didn't listen. "Jesse has had a rough past. Her family... They're gone. Her father, he killed her mom, she got mad so she killed her dad. Her brother and her came to Tulsa from New York so she won't get caught. Her brother died after a very important friend of his died, we all watched him die and now she has no place to live." "Hey that brother sounds like dally" Steve said and Darry smacked his head. "Don't you get it? Dally IS her brother." Darry said " oh that makes more sense" Two bit blurted. "Guys, she needs help" Sodapop told the gang. Jesse didn't talk but she finished her food and told me to meet me in my room because she has something to say. I thought she was mad because I told them her secret, but I slowly went and she was sitting. "You wanted me? Look I'm sorry-" "it's not about that, they didn't kick me out or hate me so it's okay. I was gonna ask, do you want to go out to eat ice cream or something?" "Yeah! I'd like that" I answered and we left the house. We got our ice cream and we walked around. She looked beautiful and she didn't even try, how did she do it? After eating we walked around on the streets goofing off and having fun. Everything was completely fine until.
Jesse's POV
We were walking and we bumped into someone while goofing around. He was tall, with long, black hair gelled up to look tall, I don't even know if tall hair is a thing but oh well. He had amazing eyes, sort of hazel around his pupil but then faded into a strong blue. He had diamond earrings and a very sharp Jawline. He looked about one year older than me, and he looked so familiar, I just couldn't remember how I knew him. "Oh I'm, im sorry. " I said. "That's okay, it's fine. Do I know you?" "I don't know" then Ponyboy started to cough, and it sounded severe. "I'll catch ya later" he said and walked off, and Ponyboy was all of a sudden all better. "Who was that?" He asked. "I don't know but he looks familiar."