Part 25: Ponyboy's POV

"I'll be at the Bookstore, there's a big sale there and I ran out of books to read, bye" I said to Soda and Darry as I put my breakfast plate in the kitchen and left the house. All I could think of is Jesse and how much I miss her, I need a book to keep my thoughts busy. I stepped in and it was so crowded. There was no empty space to walk through. I was in the "teen fiction" section and I was looking for a book I haven't read yet. I found a book with an eye catching red cover. It didn't have pictures, but it was pretty. I looked at it then I found out it was a romance, I like romance books but that will make me think of Jesse even more. I looked around more, but slowly because there were too many people around me, I stopped trying to get through the crowd when I felt a shove, I fell and my head hit the edge of the shelf, hard. I didn't want to make to much noise, but it hurt a lot. All of a sudden, I couldn't remember anything after the day of Dally's and Johnny's funeral, I remember getting to the cemetery, but after that it's all cloudy. I know a lot has happened since then, I could feel it, I could feel something sad has recently happened, but I can't remember exactly what. I found a red book, it didn't have pictures, but it looked nice. It was a romance. I stood in the cashier line and waited until it was my turn. My head was hurting, not like it's a surprise to have a headache right after I hit my head. It was my turn and I walked up to the cashier. She was so beautiful, with golden brown hair and beautiful brown eyes. "Hello, I'd like to buy this book" I read her name tag, her name was Jesse. "Jesse, what a beautiful name, I feel like it's familiar." I said. She looked up and had the biggest, most beautiful smile in the world, but it didn't feel like it was the first time I'd seen her. "PONYBOY, AM I GLAD TO SEE YOU.!!" She said and hugged me from across the counter. I was too surprised to hug her back, and she slowly pulled away. Her smile was gone "what's wrong Pony." She asked. "I'm sorry, but do I know you?" I asked confused.