Part 31: Ponyboy's POV

Today was a great day. Soda made delicious French toast for breakfast, which was blue. Then Jesse and I went to play bowling with Two-Bit after lunch. She stepped past the line a few times which was funny because the workers kept needing to remind her not to cross, and I taught her to hold and roll the bowling ball the right way, she hit all of the little bowling things on the first try (I forgot what it was called😂) we went back home and Jesse and I went to my room. She was laughing at what happened back at the bowling alley. I was too. "That was HILARIOUS" she said throwing herself on the bed. Oh yeah, she had some beer with Two bit so she wasn't really oh her right mind. "I love youuu" she was telling me. I lied down next to her. "I love you too Jesse" I told her. We lied down on the bed together just looking at eachother. She was so beautiful. Her brown eyes lit up the room, stronger than the light on the ceiling. Then the phone rang. That was the moment. Soda and Darry were already home so Soda picked it up. "Hello" I heard. There was a few minutes of silence, when the other person was talking, then he yelled to me. "PONY SOMEONE WANTS YOU" he said "okay okay I can hear you Soda" "haha sorry." Then I walked to the living room where the phone was. I took it from his had and talked "hello?" " hello Ponyboy, it's your English teacher talking" "oh hello" "listen, do you remember the extra credit you gave me? About the past week of your life?" He asked. "Yes" I said. "Well, I read it, and I thought it's very well written, I think it would go very far if you give it to a publishing company." "Really?" "Yes, is there anything you might want to name it if it becomes published as a book?" I thought for a while, then I had the perfect name, since it's been in my mind for a while. "How about... 'The Outsiders'"